Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$159
Expedia.comUS$159
eDreamsUS$160
TravelocityUS$159
TripadvisorUS$159
Lol.travel
All reviews this family run hotel christmas dinner garden room lovely village head waiter the pub evening meal car park battle
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2020

So we were supposed to be in Alaska - but sadly not - due to pandemic and therefore where else would I want to stay and relax other than the hotel and their team that I have stayed with for the last 35 years - the Brickwall Hotel at Sedlescombe. The hotel conforms to the Covid 19 requirements and everyone was very conscious of our safety. The hotel as always was beautifully clean and the restaurant (although limited) provided meals to a high standard of cooking. The two young waiters worked so hard to ensure everyone was served in a quality manner whilst the head waiter ensured all was well. Our room (23) gave us a beautiful view of the garden (wonderful dahlias) and good access to the back car park which enabled us to walk Florence down at the cricket ground without traipsing through the hotel. Guillo thank you for your service and allowing us to stay yet again in your wonderful hotel. I do hope the pandemic does not cause you and yours too much difficulty and that you all continue to flourish.

Room tip: Front of the hotel offers views of the green - back of the hotel quiet with easy access to car park.
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

I’ve just returned home from the Brickwall after a couple of nights, having cancelled a trip to France due to COVID restrictions.

I’m not sure what we were really expecting, booking at the last minute, but the reviews were generally positive or very positive, so we thought why not.

While our room and some parts of the hotel are perhaps a little dated, our room was spotlessly clean, the staff couldn’t do enough and were attentive, and even the owner took the trouble to ask if everything was OK.

I didn’t find the prices excessive, the food is if a good quality, and the portions are generous. One point not intended to be a criticism; I would have liked to see more of an Italian menu noting that the owner & several of the staff are Italian, but not a major issue.

The hotel is well located in the Sussex countryside to visit the local attractions, and is easily found in the village of Sedlescombe.

Would I visit again? Yes, if I ever plan another short stay in Sussex, I’d have no problem returning to the Brickwall.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clojou
Reviewed 12 July 2020

Thank you so much to all the Brickwall staff for a really nice stay at the hotel. Social distancing measures were completely adhered to, and we were very pleased with the service and our stay overall.

We knew the food at the Brickwall is beautiful, as we'd stayed and dined before, so the venue was a no-brainer when it came to celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. The staff made our stay absolutely delightful.

The room was a perfect size, with everything you need. Lucky that I phoned ahead to see if I needed to bring my hairdryer (I did)!

I cannot fault this hotel at all, and any minor things are forgiven due to the amazing service the guys provided. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tania Pollio, Other at The Brickwall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2020

Many thanks for your review and we are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your special 10 year wedding anniversary - congratulations. We will very much look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best wishes from The Brickwall Team.

Reviewed 6 March 2020

Beautiful building
Friendly staff
Good blackout curtains
Quiet location
Comfy bed
Great night sleep
Good breakfast
Room a little tired, but very clean
Would definitely go back.
Price a little bit more expensive than I would normally pay for a night away on my own but given all of the above, I would consider it good value for money.
Thank you!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
BrickwallHotel, General Manager at The Brickwall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2020

Many thanks for your comments and we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hoping to welcome you back when we are through these most difficult times. Sending our best wishes and we hope you are all safe and well. Kind regards, From All at The Brickwall Hotel

Reviewed 10 February 2020

We stayed here for one night on Saturday 8th Feb and had a lovely time. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and did a great job. Our evening meal was lovey and breakfast was good but could have been served a little warmer but saying that, we all left our plates spotless.
Our room was nice and clean and the bed was comfy and we had a good night sleep.
We will return again and thank you to all the staff who all did a great job in making us feel very welcome.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Julian S
BrickwallHotel, General Manager at The Brickwall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Many thanks for your review and your lovely comments especially about all of the staff who work very hard to provide the best service possible for everyone who visits us. We will very much look forward to welcoming you back here soon. With kind regards, From All at The Brickwall Hotel