“Absolute heaven!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Oast

Upstairs WC
Kitchen/ Diner
Bedroom 2
Sitting room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

12Travell...
UK
“Absolute heaven!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013

I booked this cottage at the last minute (on the morning of arrival) and I could not have asked for a better place.

When we got there we found a welcome basket with everything one could need to start off the holiday in peace and tranquility (fresh crusty bread, butter, 2 pints of milk, free range eggs, sugar, instant coffee, tea, decaf coffee, Dorset muesli, fresh fruit and biscuits). This is incredibly generous and very thoughtful from Daphne.

The cottage is lovely and peaceful set in a beautifully tranquil location, lovely for kids and adults as well. Inside it there are all amenities one would expect however, the standard and quality of furnishings is very high! The bed is incredibly comfortable and, on close inspection, is a John Lewis king size bed with high quality matters. I have the same one at home as I like my luxury sleep and it is lovely to see that cost is not an issue for Daphne who strives to give her guests the best of everything.

Kitchen has everything one could need cooker, oven, microwave, fridge and biggish freezer, and washing machine. It was a lovely surprise when I opened the cupboard to find all that I might need for cooking i.e. salt, pepper, vinegar, spices,oil, etc and all the cleaning materials as well including washing powder. This is lovely as the children got muddy and I was able to clean their clothes.

There is a family bathroom which is brand new and lovely and another toilet upstairs which also had brand new fittings.

I am so happy with the holiday and am already planning my next visit. Thank you Daphne for a very relaxing and pleasant stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Piece and quiet.
Liked least: Could not work out the heating timings but I'm not great when it comes to technology.
Travelling group: Young Children
hovebloke
hove
“A very lovely break....”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

We have just enjoyed the most fantastic week at the Oast. My wife and our small daughter (15 months old) absolutely loved the accommodation, setting and welcome we received from Daphne.
The Oast and the farm gave us the peace and solitude we needed after a very busy year and provided the perfect base for us to explore the Sussex countryside and especially the Ashdown forest. Thank you very much Daphne (& Terry) - we will be back - be warned!

Liked best: everything!
Travelling group: Young Children
Janettean...
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

Had a lovely time in this great cottage would love to go back.location and amenities are great,bed were very comfy nice to have tea and coffee butter milk so we could have a cup of tea before unpacking

Liked best: All of hoilday
Liked least: Weather
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
AMTesta
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Picturesque and perfect -- everything I was looking for”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I was bringing my mom to England to visit for the first time. I could not have asked for a better cottage. The cottage is located in the most beautiful part of England with rolling hills of farmland and wood. The cottage is on a secluded, narrow lane that is characteristic of England. We spent a week and that was not even enough time to enjoy all there is to see in the south of England. There is unlimited space to walk and enjoy the peacefulness of nature around the cottage and on the farm's property. There are nearby villages with quaint old pubs and shops. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The cottage itself was well stocked and very comfortable, getting my best sleep in months! I would say that the cottage fits four adults most comfortably, there are sufficient tv stations (if you want to watch English tv), the washing machine was very useful and the kitchen had everything we needed. We are most grateful for the opportunity to stay here and appreciate the kind graciousness of our hosts!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: beauty of the location
Liked least: I don't think the property had wifi, if it did, I couldn't get it to work...
Travelling group: Other
HeidiROC
Auckland, New Zealand
“Like coming home”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013

The whole family were looking forward to our stay, as we'd been here before, in May, and we knew how comfortable and peaceful it is. We slept very well in the quiet. The countryside here is gorgeous. Thanks to Daphne who made its feel so welcome.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Walks on the farm
Travelling group: Teenagers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
25 Sep 2013
We seem to have been blessed with remarkably civilised guests since developing the holiday cottage on the farm!That goes for those to whom it does not occur to review us on the website as well as those who do. Huge thanks to all of you for being such nice people.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$88
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing