All reviews extensive grounds a bit tired llamas reindeer ensuite rheas
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This hotel is a total disgrace!

Wherever you look the place reveals damp, mould and general decay.

It runs under a skeleton staff and provides food of the poorest (and cheapest) quality.

The general excuse offered for this abysmal state of affairs is that the place is "undergoing refurbishment" and the comment that they are held back by restrictions due to listed status is patently ludicrous given that the owner pays scant respect to such matters as any referral to his track record reveals.

Well tended, though bizarre, gardens in no way covers up for the appalling state of the interior, and I can say no more than that this festering dump is by far the worst hotel, out of hundreds, that I have ever had the misfortune to stay in!

Room tip: Simply do not ever contemplate staying here in the first place!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Lenbonny
LionsGroup, General Manager at The Boship Lions Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Please would you contact me at the Hotel to discuss your stay dates, I am very concerned over your comments and as a new employee of the Lions Group wish to build the reputation of the Hotel and the Group. This forum is a quick place to criticise, however no one seems prepared to contact the business direct to discuss their comments. I am more than willing to discuss any issues with any guest, and feel it is only right and proper that if guests write a review they are prepared to discuss with us direct also.

i personally have requested this from my reply to reviews and to date no one has contacted the Hotel direct!

Our comments re refurbishment are all correct and 17 new rooms are due to be online within the next 2 weeks,

New photos of these rooms will be put up once completed so customers may make their own decisions based on the hotels comments. I await your reply
trevor@lionhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Stayed here for one night in August. b and b basis The bedroom was one in a separate block. Mold on the walls of the bedroom and shower.. The bedroom looked shabby in décor. There was dry blood and dirt on the duvet cover on arrival. The mattress was lumpy and uncomfortable. Our friends who stayed with us and frequent many hotels said it was disgusting. We not be staying there again. The breakfast was only OK but food left out to dry out on server .for long periods. Food was tired not fresh.. Not enough staff on duty. Swimming pool was empty of water. All in all very disappointed with our experience

Room tip: in main building only
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
LionsGroup, General Manager at The Boship Lions Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Boship Lions Hotel. I would be interested to know more about your stay and which room. The separate block (West Wing) has been off since April for refurbishment,so I can only assume you mean the main hotel and Courtyard wing?
I would like to bring up your comments with our contract cleaners, so if you could personally email me to update me further that woiuld be most appreciated. trevor@lionhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from this hotel had a lovely time We had a family party there the staff were unbelievable the manager stayed there all night and helped the food was excellent the grey was a lovely place to stay some rooms were furbished and some wasn’t but they are getting there. If only do it again I would definitely do it at this place once again to all the staff and management well done and thank you Mr J Harrison

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey H

My thanks for your lovely review. we were pleased to accommodate your party and our staff enjoyed the day as much as you and your guests. Certainly if you wish to hold a similar party we would love to host it for you.
look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely place to stop off or stay for a while. Very well priced for value and great food. The breakfast was awesome. Comfortable beds but tired rooms. TV lost signal a lot and the ensuite was very cramped. Overall though a good stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind review of the Boship Lions Farm Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. These modern Digital TV's do seem to be less reliable holding a signal than the old analogue system. Its very nice to receive a positive review, so many do not tell us of the problems they encounter at the time, and just put up a negative review. I am happy to receive all feedback positive or negative as it allows us to up our game and give our guests a better stay. I will certainly pass your words on to our staff.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

The outside perception of this hotel is stunning, the downstairs areas are lovely, but the upstairs isn't. Our room was very disappointing, basic wasn't the word. I know they are having a refurb, but we were very disappointed. The first night was noisy, people slamming doors at ridiculous times of the night, not what you want when you are going to your son's wedding the next day! The breakfast was poor, most of the food was cold, we had to wait ages for fried eggs, whilst the rest of your cooked breakfast was getting cold. After we had been to our wedding we arrived back to hotel to find a party happening at the back in a separate area, but when that had finished people came back to their rooms banging doors shouting and making a dreadful racket. Not impressed at all, we very nearly packed our bags and left that night. But we were bringing the newlyweds home and had to be in the area for them, although I did consider sleeping in our car as I thought it would be more comfortable as our bed was lumpy and hard! Don't get me wrong, as I said, the outside is stunning the grounds are beautiful but on this occasion our stay wasn't what we hoped for. We won't be back

Date of stay: August 2018

My thanks for your review, I have looked into our night diary but can find no record of a complaint about noise or doors banging at night. Would you be kind enough to let me know if you informed our night porter as he would have visited the rooms to ask them to be courteous to our other guests, and if so what time?
As in other reviews, we are currently replacing beds so my apologies your bed was not comfortable, but this is being addressed.