All reviews front bar sister hotel high street restaurant service cosy bar in recent years dressing gowns great room adnams beer black pudding kippers fish and chips overnight stay main course superior room breakfast was excellent comfortable hotel
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

This place is a little pricey for what it offers but I guess the inflated price is reflective of the novelty of being in the centre of Southwold. That said, we had a lovely stay. The room was good with small touches like free adnams ale and crisps were really nice. We were also impressed by the general feel of the place, interior design, restaurant and bar. Breakfast also good. Would go back but only as a very very special occasion given the rate of £165 for one night.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
DanielAyers, Manager at The Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

CJFlintoir, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Crown.

It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay, which we are most delighted to hear.

We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Southwold.

All the best
Crown Hotel Management.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

All staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was excellent especially the full English breakfast. Room was comfortable although it was a bit chilly in the bathroom (room 8). Hotel is in the centre of the town, only 5 minutes stroll from the beach and close to all other amenities. We would stay there again on our next visit to Southwold

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DanielA12170, Manager at The Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Tripper70-1, thank you for your lovely review.

I am pleased to hear that all the staff you encountered were friendly and helpful, this is really important to us! I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team and our kitchen team will be delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast.

I am sorry that your bathroom was chilly, I will get the maintenance team to check the radiator in the room.

We are very fortunate with our central location and glad that you made the most of this on your visit.

We would love to welcome you back again soon.

All the best,
Crown Hotel Management Team.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I visited this hotel with my husband and stayed for one night. Room 4 was really lovely. The bedroom, bathroom and lounge were all tastefully decorated and very clean. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the hotel (we booked the bed, evening meal and breakfast option). The food was really tasty and plentiful. The hotel was quieter than I thought it would be as the restaurant and bar was below. Breakfast was all freshly cooked for you and there was a good selection. All together we were very happy and hope to return next year.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Millsey1962, thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Crown.

We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay; the room, the food and our team, we always hope to deliver the highest level of customer experience and it is great to hear when we have ticked all the boxes.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Southwold.

All the best,
Crown Hotel Management Team.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

Such wonderful memories from staying here in 2006 (a memorable night I proposed on the beach.) My now wife and I stayed last week to have a night spoilt with no heating in our bedroom and window that rattled all night. We were looking forward to in the night so much - getting a much deserved escape from the three kids. Apology was eventually forthcoming but not in the form of a generous compensation. Alas my enquiries and requests ensue.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

Excellent as always, lovely friendly staff, so helpful I have a very limited diet due to a medical condition. They were very helpful, I enjoyed dinner and breakfast at the crown. It great to stay at a hotel where the chef and staff are so accommodating. I have stayed many times and we will be back again soon. Great weekend break at any time of the year.

Dear alistairacp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your visit, with all expectations being met and hopefully exceeded. We are more than happy to cater for any dietary requirement and can offer plenty of options with a bit of advanced warning. It is important to us that all of our guests have the same enjoyable dining experience with great food, dietary requirements or not. Thank you for being such a loyal customer, we love to see familiar faces!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

All the best