All reviews petrol station travel lodge service station basic hotel room was clean lady on reception comfortable night's sleep usual facilities base for exploring main road pleasant stay disabled room family room short stay convenient location car park decent size
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Although the hotel is excellent there is presently no food available on site. Not that I would use that which is usually available since this is only Burgerking. I drove into nearby Needham Market where there is a reasonable chippie for my evening meal, and found somewhere else on my onward travels for breakfast. Generally the room was clean although I found myself sharing the bath with several long hairs which were obviously not mine. However, I do find the accessible room beds very uncomfortable and have a restless night.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Very friendly and helpful staff on reception. Everything we needed in the room to make our two night stay comfortable, and our room was clean, tidy and quiet. Was an excellent choice as located just right for us to visit Sutton Hoo and Orford Ness National Nature Reserve - not too far in miles and through some beautiful Suffolk countryside. Plus Wetherspoon' s The Willow Tree at nearby Stowmarket served good value and delicious meals each night of our stay. We will definitely stay at Ipswich Beacon Hill again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Wonderful 7 day stay at Beacon Hill Ipswich, Travelodge.. Overlooking farmland with rabbits running around, lovely.Clean and very comfortable with daily room service, 24 hour reception, felt safe and secure..Highly recommend.Reception always available if I had run out of anythingWill definitely visit again as this was a very pleasant break. Toby nearby for breakfast or evening meals. Some lovely places to visit, Eye and other villages, Suffolk Water Park for fishing just 5 minutes up the road. Very pleasant just to sit for a cuppa.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My fiancée and I have been fortunate to stay in many hotels and resorts and were impressed by the exceptional guest service provided by the team at this small hotel. We are in the process of moving to Ipswich and are looking for a new home in the town. This hotel was perfectly located, allowing us to grab a comfortable night's sleep before a day full of house viewings. Upon arrival the lady at reception (sorry, we didn't get her name! She had glasses) was very kind and even gave us some valuable house hunting tips. We really felt like she'd do anything to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We've stayed in quite a few Travelodge hotels throughout the country and always experience a good night's sleep, however the added kindness and attention the team here give to their guests is an asset to the Travelodge brand. Upon checking out, the gentleman on reception (Andrew, I think?) was just as nice. Overall, our night here exceeded our expectations and last is well rested for what became a very busy day. Keep up the good work!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

This was a travelodge by a service station, but wasn't noisy. It was fine. It was super cheap at about £40 for a night. We arrived fairly late and left fairly early and didn't eat there or nearby.

I nearly went out of the entry slip-road! I think I missed a sign, but it wasn't hugely obvious.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family