“Great place”

Ranked #9 of 115 Restaurants in Felixstowe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ground floor Café Bar, breakfasts, meals, snacks, fresh coffees, cakes, full range of bar drinks. Heated patio overlooking promenade and sea. First floor Brasserie (lift access), full a la carte menu plus set lunch menu available noon to 6pm Mon-Fri. Panoramic sea views.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We only had coffee , but the food looked delicious. It was a very busy place. We sat outside with heaters which worked well. Staff friendly and nice ambience.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We have had breakfast a couple of times now at the Alex always very good, great service friendly staff even when busy, great full English and wife always think the eggs Benedict is perfect...will keep going on our lazy Sunday mornings

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Four of us - me my wife one daughter and my mother-in-law went for Sunday brunch at the Alex.

It is a good value place with very full breakfasts plus one drink each costing a total of £51.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The food came quickly. 3 out of 4 of our group had the big breakfast which was well cooked food and a good portion size.

It’s a popular venue and so is busy all day on a Sunday but we still got served relatively quickly- you take a seat and order from the bar yourself and and the food is brought to you.

It’s a great position - right on the seafront. We will be going back for an evening meal soon - not a single thing to moan about.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely time at this restaurant and thought that the food and atmosphere in the establishment was delightful.
I can highly recommend the burger and my colleague had what looked like a beautiful risotto.
We had a table by the window on the 1st floor and could look out over the beach and sea. (My photo is too dark to truly appreciate this view)
The staff are attentive and pleasant and the wine list is lengthy and good.
I really enjoyed my time here and had a great relaxing evening.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This was chosen for a special occasion because of the views, the location and the interesting menu, so perhaps expectations were high. It was great to get a booth looking out across the sea. The cocktails were unusual, and at a special happy hour price, they seemed like a bargain. Drinks came quickly and the food order taken quickly. We then waited 40 minutes for the starters, and when an adjacent table who had arrived after us received their starters, I decided to chase ours. Profuse apologies and complimentary drinks were offered as they had forgotten to put the order on the system. When the starters arrived, the cold prawn cocktail was served on a hot plate, and not particularly special. The main courses arrived and the cauliflower cheese served with roast dinner was stone cold. I drew this to the waitress's attention, and the whole plate was taken away. My dining partner continued with her meal, and I waited several more minutes for my dinner to arrive with all elements hot.The roast dinner and fish pie were tasty. We were nervous about ordering a dessert, so just got the bill. Another debate when we saw that the complimentary drinks had been charged to the bill. The second bill presented had charged the full price for cocktails, rather than the Happy Hour price, but by then we couldn't be bothered to argue.