All reviews superior room rspb reserve walk in wardrobe the north norfolk coast bird watchers evening meal lovely hotel sister hotel main building breakfast service public areas huge bed scallops two night stay log fire afternoon tea lovely bathroom
Reviewed 29 August 2018

My wife Karen and I visited on 25th and 26th August for our birthdays that are 3 days apart. Stayed in a Room 7 which was superb and spotless with everything in its rightful place - superb shower, comfy bed, plenty of storage, own car parking space! I could go on! We were looked after by some genuinely lovely staff without exception and wish I had asked for names to mention them here. The real surprise is the really wonderful food! Lemon crusted sardines, sea trout, raspberry creme brûlée. Some of the best food we have tasted in Norfolk and we come here a lot! Wines and beers reasonably priced with a great selection of gins. The place is dog friendly and one lucky mutt even got some cooked sausage at the bar! We were sorry to go and are coming back for sure. Highly recommended. PS the car park is big enough for a lot of cars, including Bentleys.

Room Tip: Room 7 did us proud. Air con virtually silent!
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simkar2017
J S, Manager at Briarfields Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Many thanks for your excellent 5 star review.

We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay and birthday with us and it was a pleasure serving you. Room 7 although one of the smaller bedrooms we offer, was refurbished in February this year and we too are delighted with the results.

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding the food and staff, following the peak of the summer season over the bank holiday weekend we are naturally over the moon with this feedback and it will be a huge boost to the hard working staff so thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place to go to, I am amazed it isn't busier. Great rooms, delightfully decorated and spotlessly clean. This was our second visit, and we were in the same room, so I don't know what the other rooms are like. I love having our own front door into the courtyard, so I can go for early morning walks without disturbing anyone.
The whole place is very relaxing, lovely atmosphere in the bar and restaurant. The staff are very patient with picky eaters like me, which is why I went back again.
The Mushroom and Quinoa burger, with beetroot relish in a corn bun was amazing, followed closely by the carrot & orange soup.

I can't recommend this place enough, many thanks to everyone who works here for providing such a great retreat. I hope to come back soon

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trilolly x
Reviewed 24 August 2018

My wife and I enjoyed one night at Briarfields last week.The hotel has a nice relaxed feel to it and the staff are very friendly.We booked a superior double room which was very pleasant. A large comfy bed and a well equipped bathroom with patio doors leading out onto a small private terrace were the highlights. On the downside the room was noisy due to its close proximity to the coast road,not something the hotel can change. We took breakfast on the decking off the dining room. This was very nice as there are views out to sea. The breakfast was excellent,good choice with ingredients of a high quality. Coffee was also very good. The lady in charge was friendly and efficient. Shame the newspaper wasn't complimentary. This is only a minor criticism however.

Room Tip: Choose one as far away from the coast road as possible
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leighfield
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

My wife (22Natty05) attended your restaurant last week whilst on holiday and she complied a review, posted on this page. I’m sorry Gavin if you did not like this but it is entirely accurate, whilst your response is not. As a Police Officer for 27yrs accuracy and details are ingrained in me. We visited on a Thursday evening, not a Sunday. It was not in the slightest bit busy, behind us was a couple and adjacent to us was a party of approximately five people, and in a separate part. There were no other diners present. I had a Lamb Burger and my wife had a vegetarian burger, as she doesn’t eat meat, so neither one of us had Fish and Chips. The staff were all very nice and couldn’t be faulted but the service was extremely slow and the meals were not exactly complicated. As someone who has worked in kitchens in my youth, I found the time taken unacceptable and if it wasn’t for the good and polite nature of the staff I would not have left a tip. I am 5’10 and 14 stone and I found the chairs uncomfortable. My wife is disabled and your chairs should be comfortable, whoever you are. Perhaps you’d like to suggest that I might be too large. We visited because the restaurant was not busy, and I can thoroughly see why now.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt S

I note this is your first Trip Advisor review despite joining in 2012, we are pleased to see you are putting your account to good use.

It is not unreasonable for us to be dismayed that you didn't mention your dissatisfaction once, left a tip indicating that you were happy with your experience and then the very first time we see that's all to the contrary is when we read an online review. That's not reasonable or fair.

Thank you for correcting the 2 minor inaccuracies in my response to your wife's review, I have made the necessary change to my response; fish and chips to burger and Sunday to evening. As well as serving food in the main restaurant we serve food outside on the decking, in the courtyard, the bar, lounges and room service; with respect you have no idea how busy we were and if you don't mind I will discount your brief time washing up during your youth as experience in kitchens.

We have had Briarfields for twenty years and re invest heavily in the property each year, you have no idea how damaging nasty reviews such as yours can have on a small family business. We don't always get things right but will always go out of our way to put them right when given the opportunity. We clearly wouldn't still be in business based on your final comment being accurate.

Gavin

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I attended a wedding reception and stayed at the venue. The rooms were clean and well equipped. The food was exceptional and the staff very attentive. A really well organised event . Staff managed to avert trouble when the thunder storms affected the venue. I would certainly recommend it for an event or just a stay in the hotel. Lovely beach nearby and not far from tourist area either

Room Tip: rooms off the courtyard have parking outside
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple