All reviews superior room rspb reserve walk in wardrobe the north norfolk coast bird watchers evening meal lovely hotel sister hotel main building breakfast service public areas huge bed scallops two night stay log fire afternoon tea lovely bathroom
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

My wife (22Natty05) attended your restaurant last week whilst on holiday and she complied a review, posted on this page. I’m sorry Gavin if you did not like this but it is entirely accurate, whilst your response is not. As a Police Officer for 27yrs accuracy and details are ingrained in me. We visited on a Thursday evening, not a Sunday. It was not in the slightest bit busy, behind us was a couple and adjacent to us was a party of approximately five people, and in a separate part. There were no other diners present. I had a Lamb Burger and my wife had a vegetarian burger, as she doesn’t eat meat, so neither one of us had Fish and Chips. The staff were all very nice and couldn’t be faulted but the service was extremely slow and the meals were not exactly complicated. As someone who has worked in kitchens in my youth, I found the time taken unacceptable and if it wasn’t for the good and polite nature of the staff I would not have left a tip. I am 5’10 and 14 stone and I found the chairs uncomfortable. My wife is disabled and your chairs should be comfortable, whoever you are. Perhaps you’d like to suggest that I might be too large. We visited because the restaurant was not busy, and I can thoroughly see why now.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt S
J S, Manager at Briarfields Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

I note this is your first Trip Advisor review despite joining in 2012, we are pleased to see you are putting your account to good use.

It is not unreasonable for us to be dismayed that you didn't mention your dissatisfaction once, left a tip indicating that you were happy with your experience and then the very first time we see that's all to the contrary is when we read an online review. That's not reasonable or fair.

Thank you for correcting the 2 minor inaccuracies in my response to your wife's review, I have made the necessary change to my response; fish and chips to burger and Sunday to evening. As well as serving food in the main restaurant we serve food outside on the decking, in the courtyard, the bar, lounges and room service; with respect you have no idea how busy we were and if you don't mind I will discount your brief time washing up during your youth as experience in kitchens.

We have had Briarfields for twenty years and re invest heavily in the property each year, you have no idea how damaging nasty reviews such as yours can have on a small family business. We don't always get things right but will always go out of our way to put them right when given the opportunity. We clearly wouldn't still be in business based on your final comment being accurate.

Gavin

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I attended a wedding reception and stayed at the venue. The rooms were clean and well equipped. The food was exceptional and the staff very attentive. A really well organised event . Staff managed to avert trouble when the thunder storms affected the venue. I would certainly recommend it for an event or just a stay in the hotel. Lovely beach nearby and not far from tourist area either

Room Tip: rooms off the courtyard have parking outside
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kdrohanwood
Reviewed 6 August 2018

my daughters wedding was held here staff good ,rooms excellent .food was excellent all guests were amazed .food not dear for the quality received.panacotta dessert was amazing.beach is short walk away

Room Tip: all rooms close to main building/good outdoor space for children and adults
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank peterludlam1
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We'd always drove passed the hotel and kept saying one day we will book in.
Eventually we booked in for our wedding anniversary and was not disappointed.
A very well presented room and en-suite, which was amazing.
The food was delious and a good variety.
Breakfast was exce, the staff all very polite and helpful.
Would highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs Tracey E
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Food vg (excellent breakfast), staff excellent, rooms nice, prices too high in bar and room rack rate also high with supplements. No mobile phone service. Location is somewhat remote which would suit some but not me

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
J S, Manager at Briarfields Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Many thanks for your excellent review and kind words on our food, staff and rooms.

We must disagree with your thoughts that we do not offer value for money, based on the very good food, excellent staff and nice rooms we believe we are competitively priced and offer outstanding value for money.

Our location is something that people generally do love, located on the coast road between Hunstanton & Brancaster we have a peaceful plot overlooking the marshes towards the sea.

We do hope you come back again soon.

Kind regards,