“excellent food and service”
Review of Marmalade's Bistro

Marmalade's Bistro
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Sheringham
Price range: US$19 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Marmalade's is a small, charming, husband and wife run restaurant in a beautiful seaside town. Perfect for romantic meals, special occasions and family gatherings. The food is homely, yet elegant and the wine list is extensive with something special to suit all budgets. Marmalade's is available for private hire and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. If you have any questions or special requirements then don't hesitate to ask our friendly team.
Reviewed 24 June 2018

excellent food and service, lovely location right in the middle of Sheringham
would recommend the mains and the puddings

Sarah C, Owner at Marmalade's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi Mark,

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything on your recent visit.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We visited on a Friday night. It's not a big restaurant so it is advisable to book. We had a delightful meal. The food was excellent and the staff were fabulous too. We would definitely return!

Hi Kelly,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.
It really means a lot to us & the rest of the team.

It's always best to book :)
We hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Sheringham is really limited for evening eating other than pub grub and so we took a chance on Marmalades as one of few solely eating establishments. The reviews were great and we were not disappointed.The crab starters were tasty and the cod loin main course was as good as you’ll get. My friends enjoyed the crab salad. Wine was sensibly priced and the service was a little rough around the edges(think a new person had just started) it was friendly and efficient.i would highly recommend this restaurant and testimony appeared to be many returning customers.Excellent food in a cosy atmosphere.

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your food.

I'm sorry that you didn't receive our usual standard of service, you're right we're currently in the process of training some new staff up for the summer period. The main points I focus on for service are being friendly and efficient though so it's great to hear that they're hitting those key aspects.

Thank you so much for you recommendation.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Just went for a meal here, definitely good quality courses with local ingredients. The asparagus was divine, some of the best I remember having. Though the starter portion could have been a little bigger I think, even if that just meant a bit more toast with some butter on it. But my only substantial criticism of the meal was the chips. They were still above average, but a bit soggy with oil and not crispy enough on the outside. The bread and butter pudding was the best course in my opinion, delicious with a really gorgeous crispy & chewy top. Service was professional and the courses were served in good time, they forgot to clear a couple things off the table at points but this isn't something I care about.

If I had to split hairs (which I love doing!) I might add that the egg yolk with the starter would have been nicer with something infused into it, maybe some citrus. The steak seemed a little inconsistently cooked in places, was rare in some spots. Finally the bread and butter pudding was pretty rich, maybe more focus on the bread and fruit flavours.

HI,

Thanks so much for your lovely comments & feedback.

Chef accepts the comments about the chips on that evening, apprently we had to use a different type of potatoes than usual as the groacers only had new pots in stock. So chips back to top notch now :)

With the gorgeous local steaks we use, they're not processed at all, so they won't be consistent in thickness throughout. Therefore some parts may cook through more than others.

We're glad you enjoyed everything overall though & good to hear that the service was professional, something we strive to acheive,

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived late in Sheringham for a one night stop over and did a search for a local restaurant.
Called Marmalade’s and thankfully got a 20:30 booking for two.
From making the call to paying our bill leaving a good tip, we could not fault anything.
The very young waitress who took the booking and served us could not have been more professional.
So great service and great food the pâté , lamb and Eton mess I had was as good as anything I’ve eaten elsewhere if not better.
A big thank you to all involved in a great Team effort.

Hi,

I'm so pleased we could fit you in!
It's really great to hear that you enjoyed everything & appreciate the team.

You may be suprised to know that the young lady who served you is infact 18 and sadly we will be losing her to university & the big wide world come September!

Many thanks,