“great cafe”
Review of Byfords

Byfords
Reserve with OpenTable
Byfords is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 59 Restaurants in Holt
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went with friends. I had earl grey tea which was excellent and my friends had cakes and pastie. It was all very good and the service was friendly too. I would come again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 484)

9 - 13 of 1 484 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

lovely place to have lunch, really good service and the cakes look lovely. Not cheap but you pay for what you get. Would definitely recommend. It’s not your run of the mill restaurant somewhere you would always remember never forget.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all this establishment does nor have a toasted tea cake so I went for earl grey tea and a fruit scone, My husband asked for English tea plus a prawn sandwich without chips. When my scone arrived it was dense and not very nice - you needed to clean your teeth afterwards. With regard to the prawn sandwich the bread and prawns were dry and not enjoyable. When I went to pay I was informed that the sandwich was £9,75 (which included chips) when I queried this and explained that my husband did not have chips I was informed that the chips were complementary so I would advise everyone that visits this place to order a basic meal and ask for complementary chips I would be interested to hear what was said. Bywords is overpriced and I will not be visiting again
S

1  Thank pandlwarner
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Him this the team train line and was unsure what we wanted for lunch so followed the fantastic smells and people and so glad we did. Ended up having a beautiful bottle of cold Chilean Savi, cooked lunch and ice cream desserts. The ambience service and choice are wonderful and my sweet and sticky bbq chicken was divine. Even took pasties made on the premise to cook in the motor home later.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It used to be that any visit to North Norfolk had to include a coffee and scone in Byfords, Holt. Oh dear, what a major disappointment we had today. Firstly they seem to have changed the recipe for their fruit scones. They now have a distinct cinnamon flavour. They were served hot which I really do not like. Worse of all they were ridiculously expensive. Two cups of coffee and one fruit scone - a few pence change from a tenner!

Sorry Byfords, there are lots of good coffee shops in Holt and you have now lost our custom.

The only reason for two stars are the toilets which are worthy of the Savoy!