“Characterful, cosy, heartwarming feel... My dream...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Albion Cottage

Albion Cottage is on the left Albion Cottage front door
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Albion Cottage living room
Albion Cottage is on the left
Albion Cottage front door
Albion Cottage conservatory
Albion Cottage conservatory
Albion Cottage double bedroom
Albion Cottage double bedroom
View of landing from the single bedroom
Albion Cottage single bedroom with extra roll out child's bed if needed
Albion Cottage bathroom from the landing
Albion Cottage courtyard
Albion Cottage courtyard
Albion Cottage gate and arch
Happisburgh village sign and a glimpse of Albion cottage
Happisburgh Church and lighthouse
Full? Try The Gig House  next door: https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/happisburgh/1332317
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
citychick...
London, United Kingdom
“Characterful, cosy, heartwarming feel... My dream cottage...”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

A beautifully decorated character cottage, 5 mins from the nearest pub, and a 10 minute walk to the beach. What more could you want? We spent Xmas here, and what a week we had. Out first evening was spent in the Hill House Pub... Great warm welcome, and so much choice on the food menu. I had a prawn cocktail with a side of chips - yes - I wanted something half healthy and half naughty.. The chips were gorgeous - the prawn cocktail was plentiful and tasty. The landlord sat with us and the staff could not do enough to offer advice on local attractions, or what to eat! The dogs were given a warm welcome and a water bowl and treats! The pub offers a breakfast service which I didn't partake in, but my friend and her daughter had English Breakfast twice and said it was delish. I had a takeaway sausage bap for the ride home and it was delicious.

The cottage is SO well equipped, we really didn't need to worry about anything - it was a week of total relaxation. We cooked Xmas dinner here - Tesco in Stalham is only 20 mins away and perfect for stocking up. It was the perfect getaway and possibly the cosiest Xmas I've ever had.. Loved every minute of it! The cottage is beautiful. Very dog friendly, family friendly, or a great choice for a week/weekend of romance.. Lock yourself away with the fire, or take long walks on the beach.. Just perfect!

Tourist Tips:
If you arrive at night bring a torch with you.. There are no street lights. It is difficult to get your bearings.. It is pitch black!!

Go and see the seals at Horsey - it takes 20 mins in the car - well worth it. Drive to Poppylands cafe which is 2 mins drive away for a cuppa or hot chocolate. (Seals can be seen Nov-Feb)

If you fancy something a little more special, drive to the Gunton Arms Gastro pub. Dogs are allowed in the bar and non-restaurant areas only. Look out for the deer who roam around the land surrounding the pub. Lots of choice of food, with a gastro twist.

Negatives?

Well, none really. The shower could be more powerful, but you get used to it over the week..
There are loads of clocks in the house but none tell the right time!!! We found that funny actually..

I would highly recommend this place.. I shall definitely return for a week in the sun!

6 Jan 2017
Thank you for a lovely comprehensive review. I always leave lights, on timers, on in the house to help light your way and the porch light will come on one you have got that far. There are a few torches in the cottage. I love the fact that we don't have streetlights because we do have millions of stars instead! If stargazing is your thing bring your telescope.
Reviewed 15 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Other
23 Jan 2017
Thank you for your lovely review and we can help with lots of ideas of things to do out of season.
Zan190775
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We found ourselves smiling every time we entered this charming little cottage. It is the perfect mix of character and mod cons.
I especially loved the fact that it was so warm and cosy, I loved the little conservatory with its twinkling lights, I loved the spacious bedroom with its comfy bed, I loved the walk-in shower, I loved the courtyard garden where we were invited to use the herbs that grow there and I loved the peaceful location.
We had everything we required for our four day stay... and more.

Would I recommend Albion Cottage to my friends? A definite 'Yes!'.
Tips: Watch out for the little blue tits feeding on the fennel seeds in the front garden - aaah!

PS for Liz; I have sourced a Haemanthus Albiflos!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Mix of character and mod cons
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
23 Jan 2017
Thank you for your lovely review and I hope the lily is flourishing.
JoviD
Bedford
“Faultless!!”
Reviewed 27 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Stayed here several times now, including spending last Christmas here, its magical! As soon as we enter we feel at home...everything you need is there, last week it allowed us to kick back and relax!!having 3 labradors, we averaged around 16 miles per day walking the beaches. The Cottage is so ideally placed as a base to explore surrounding areas, Cromer, Sherringham etc, Liz, the owner is great,,you arrive to freshly made scones with jam and cream, she will pop and check all ok and should you need anything, someone always there for you. We have only one downside to Albion Cottage and that is having to leave!! But will be back for Christmas with the boys.....

23 Jan 2017
We are so happy that you have found your home from home!
PeteLicen...
Ilkeston, United Kingdom
“A Victorian time capsule ”
Reviewed 23 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Albion is an absolute gem. We had a totally tranquil weekend in this most relaxing of Norfolk hideaways. Beautifully decorated and amazingly equipped Albion is the perfect spot for a quiet break and a digital detox. The house has wifi, Tv, DVD and radio, but in total honesty we enjoyed the quiet and read the paper and books. Albion is situated near the church in a quiet street and just 2 mins walk from the pub! The house was lovely and warm when we arrived and there was a delicious cream tea laid out for us on arrival, what a lovely welcome.

The owner, Liz, was a welcoming host and made our short visit super!

24 Sep 2016
So glad you liked the unique atmosphere of Albion Cottage and would love to welcome you back for a bit longer!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing