Reviews (3 960)
1 388
1 247
1 388
1 247
All reviews spa bath evening meal crazy golf leisure facilities bay horse deluxe room afternoon tea lovely hotel dinner bed and breakfast secret escapes steam room lovely grounds three course meal old building leisure club beautiful building spa break
441 - 446 of 3 960 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here on Easter Sunday with my husband.
We came for a relaxing overnight stay to where we booked on groupon for £139 which included bed,breakfast and 3 course evening meal including an upgrade to delux room.
We came earlier and paid for the afternoon tea which was lovely.
Very good check in however very busy due to a wedding being on.
Our room was quite far from main reception with use of 2 lifts. This wasn't a problem at all as we felt we were in the quieter area.
Room smaller than we thought but very cosy.
Tea and coffee making facilities and water provided which I thought was a nice touch.
We head to the spa area when you get a bathrobe and slippers and a towel. Lovely staff and couldn't do enough for you.
Pool was quiet when we went in and we managed to get a seating area. Went into the sauna which was lovely.
It started getting very busy after about an hour with loads of kids. We were ok with that but found too many splashing around so we went into the refreshment area. Latte each came to £7.
We changed Nd went for evening meal. What can I say we were very impressed. Cheese souffle to start and I had beef with vegetables and a jus. Beautiful and my husband had pork belly. Dessert was orange bread and butter pudding and hubby had winter fruits. Gorgeous and well presented.
Had a few drinks after wards. As you expect were pretty expensive.
Lovely night sleep and comfy beds. Pillows were a little soft for me but that's just my choice. Shower really nice and hot.
Breakfast next morning was gorgeous. Loads to choose from Nd all different jams and even sachets of marmite.
Defo will be returning here and absolutely loved it.
Nothing was too much for the staff. Everyone very pleasant.
Well done to all the staff there

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank mandyw01
Lee K, Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Mandyw01,

Thank you for leaving your 5* review! I'm glad that you had such a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed all the facilities which we have on offer. I hope that we see you again soon for another fabulous stay!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely room which included a spa bath which was a perfect touch for me. The window was small but that was overshadowed by the pleasant upgrade of the bath. The hotel itself was lovely and the grounds are obviously well looked after. We went on the same day as a wedding and we heard no noise which was nice of the hotel to factor in at time of room allocation. Due to there being a wedding I do feel the standard of the dinner was sacrificed as the cheese soufflé was more like runny milk and the mash was a bit lumpy but due to the catering demands that night we could let that slide. The breakfast was lovely and the price was amazing quality for what we received. Thanks for the lovely stay Redworth Team! Xx

Dear Sunflower284,

Thank you for leaving us a 4* review. I'm pleased that you had a great stay and I will certainly pass your comments on to the head chef regarding the food.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Spent one night here recently, the room was clean & the bed comfortable, yes the surroundings are a little tired in places but all of the staff we came into contact with were more than pleasant & helpful. The evening meal was very well cooked and plentiful, whilst breakfast the next morning was again more than acceptable. The hotel building is very imposing and the spa facilities were everything we could expect. For the price we paid we were more than happy!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear KevinnAudrey,

Thank you for leaving us a review after your recent stay here. I'm pleased to read that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed the food whilst here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We have just returned from a short break to the North East and picked Redworth Hall Hotel as they were offering special deals via wowcher, the hotel looked good on their web site and was within travelling distance of Beamish Living Museum where we planned to visit.

I rang the hotel directly and managed to secure the same deal offered on wowcher without going through that company. The bookings lady was helpful and able to answer all my queries promptly. I hadn't read the tripadvisor reviews before booking so arrived with slight trepidation that I may have made a mistake booking this hotel. Check in was swift and efficient despite a wedding being in full swing. On viewing our room for the first time I am happy to say it was not as bad as some reviews had suggested. I will be honest and say it was not perfect and without blemish, having some evidence of wear and tear but it was by no means as bad as had been indicated (room 211, friends had 209 and shared our views). On arrival we had a bottle of prosecco nicely chilling which was much appreciated after our drive. Included in our package was a 3 course meal which was lovely although we did wait a little bit longer than we thought we would for our main meal, however we all agreed we were happy to wait if it was freshly cooked. Breakfast was acceptable and the freshly cooked English breakfast was regularly topped up.

All staff were helpful, efficient and friendly. We didn't use the spa or pool but from looking through the windows it looked well frequented with plenty of beds dotted around the pool area.

The hotel will accept pets but they are not allowed in the eating areas as you would expect.

Overall the hotel was more than acceptable and whilst not 100 percent perfect is definately better than some reviews have indicated. There are plenty of free car parking spaces and the grounds looked lovely but alas we didn't have time to explore them, hopefully we may return in the future and do so then.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lee K, Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Susan G,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review.

I can assure you that the food is freshly cooked and thank you for waiting. I'm also pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast. I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to Redworth in the future and perhaps next time you can explore our grounds.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Just looking for a relaxing visit. We booked the bed breakfast and evening meal package.
On approaching the hotel it's very impressive however when you enter it's a dump!!
We checked in and given our key for room 328 a standard double room. As standard rooms go the size if fine the bed was comfortable but the decor is pretty bad. Damp marks over the radiator the room is extremely out dated curtains are worn and all of the woodwork chipped and damaged.
Food was ok nothing special, one or two staff members were pleasent however the majority appeared sick as chips. Hence
We won't book again!

6  Thank C8980TFjulies

Dear Julie S,

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. As you will see from many of our other feedback, the staff are usually very friendly and pleasant. I'm sorry that on this occasion you found this not to be the case.