Svalbard Hotell The Vault(Longyearbyen)(Great Value!)
US$212
Longyearbyen Camping(Longyearbyen)(Great Value!)
US$35
Pitchup.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsnice walkreception bar restaurantshared kitchen areashared bathrooms are cleanminutes walkinghamburgeryogurtcold weatherlocal beerreception deskrooms are basiccommon kitchenplenty of hot waterself cateringstayed here for nightslounge areaa great place to stay
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This is not what would be considered an excellent hotel at other places, but given the extreme location it is very good. Very friendly and helpful staff as well as a decent breakfast. Do note that the rooms have shared bathrooms though. My only major complaint is that the wifi did not reach my room.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This place has excellent service people. I've never seen such quality anywhere else.

The young lady at the reception desk did multiple duties, including serving people their meals and attending the reception desk, yet her service at the desk was over and beyond the regular. Here's why.

I got a room on AirBnB in Longyearbyen. I went to the address AirBnB had but when I got there I found that it was a place being renovated and the construction guys said they didn't know this guy I told them who had the AirBnB. So, I thought I had been scammed and I went to the Coal Miner's Cabins.

I told the pretty blonde woman at the reception desk what had happened and she looked into it on thr AirBnB website. She didn't find anything different than I had.

Then, I decided to stay there and bought two nights. Then, the AirBnB host contacted me and told me the address on AirBnB was wrong and gave me the right address. The lady at Coal Miner's Cabins refunded my money and helped me book two day tours.

I just think she went well beyond her duties. I wish I could tell her boss but I didn't get her name. This happened on Sept 6th, 2017.

But, beside from all that, Coal Miner's Cabins looked like a great place to stay in Longyearbyen.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Staying two autumn days in this former coalworkers' houses. Basic standard, separate shower and toilets.No televisiom. Nice bar and dining room. Simpel coal miners food, large portion prepared on? Of course a coal grill.
Local beer IPA and wheat. Friendly service, asiatic cook, nordic women in the bar and combined reception.
3rd time at Spitzbergen, first time in autumn. No rain +7C some breeze.

Room Tip: They are more or less the same, small rooms, shower seperate, no noice outside.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017

When in Longyearbyen luxury does not make sense. It would also come at a huge price and one would still feel of of place. Instead, Coal Miners' would provide some authentic experience and cater for all your needs. Rooms are clean and tidy and most importantly - warm; the shared baths are not a problem really, as there are always a few available and there is a wardrobe provided to get there safely:) The hotel is a bit far from the town centre - 20 minutes walking, there is a bus to take you from/to airport at a reasonable price. As a conclusion - very Nordic place: all taken care of without unnecessary pampering.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The rooms are clean and quiet, the food in restaurant is very nice, We enjoy this comfortable area for our dinner after a whole day adventure outside. The crews are polite and helpful. We would be here again if we visit Svalbard again.

A walking distance form town in sunny day, that is beautiful surrounding with attic cotton beside the road, but it may be a problem if there is snowy / rainy day.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family