“1st wine tasting ”

Old Firehouse Winery
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: An eclectic winery and restaurant on the famous entertainment strip in Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio's first Summer Resort. Located with a view of Lake Erie, the large, meandering patio provides the setting for nightly summer entertainment. Lots of special events and kid friendly. Full bar service in summer at the "Sunset Bar".
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for the 1st of our wine tasting. It was very quaint but the wine was not to our liking. I found them very grape forward and they all had an odd finish. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My first experience was not so good, but since my sister-in-law had never been there we tried it again. That was a huge mistake on our part. We started with drinks, looking to move on to food. Our server was a mumbling, clueless individual, with the personality of dry toast. A clogged toilet moves faster then he did. Mind you, at no time were they busy well we were there. We watched as all the servers stood around chatting with each other around the register area. At no time after getting our drinks were we checked on. So we that's was it for us, but even trying to pay was a hassle. Our clueless server couldn't even make change. Maybe he was new on the job, but then someone could've been helping him(they had the people to spare). When I tried make a complaint, I was told ( we are just bartenders, and don't know what to tell you). Well I know what to tell them. They are a complete waste of time and money. I may sound crude, but simply, I want to save others from such a bad experience.

2  Thank bigfish26
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Food was good, Atmosphere great as we sat outside and listened to the live music overlooking Lake Erie! Ordered a wine sampler and it was fun. Not a big fan of the wines, i am a dry wine guy and like 0 residual sugar most here did not work for me.
i was always trying to find our server because she never came to our table . They have many working I think we just got a server who did not know how to waitress. sorry Alyssa!
Definity would go again !
We ordered the nachos, wow fries and quesadilla, all good and huge portions.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The venue is good, live music was decent. However the wine was not too good. The Pink smash was not too good either. The food was just ok.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. On the surface seemed like a good choice, but was soon proved wrong. Service wasn’t very good... I went for 10 minuets without a drink (soda). The place had plenty of staff... the only issue was that half of them were standing around talking to each other. Aside from the fresh cut fries, everything else was terrible at best. It was expensive... you’re paying to be next to the lake... that’s about it. No need to return.

1  Thank Nic W