“Some of the best buttermilk ranch I’ve ever had!”

Hot Chicken Takeover
Ranked #20 of 2 367 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$10 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Description: Nashville Hot Chicken: Steeped in a Nashville tradition, HCT provides juicy, perfectly fried chicken, that's rubbed with a secret cayenne-infused paste. We're open seven days a week, 11am - 3pm at North Market. We are a proud Fair Chance employer.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Simple menu and done right! Choose your cut of chicken (boneless, drumstick, wing, etc.), choose your *heat* level and add sides of you wish (slaw, Mac and cheese). Pick meat only or meal which comes with slaw, Mac and cheese, bread and pickle). Free sweet and unsweetened iced tea. There is a buttermilk ranch dispenser and it’s AMAZING (better than Hidden Valley!) Pick a dear at one of their long picnic tables and meet a new friend! Go early because they do sell out. Kids meal available.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I was nervous about trying this, but omg so good!! I loved the atmosphere of this place. I got the breast medium heat with the coleslaw and mac and cheese. Sooo good. I high recommend the ranch. My mother and sister got the waffle sandwich and they both liked those! Very filling.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I love hot chicken take over. I have always had a great experience when I walk into hot chicken take over. The staff is super friendly. The food is reasonably priced in my opinion. I have a love for eating chicken just in general. Chicken is probably my most favorite food to eat. When I was introduced to hot chicken take over my life was changed forever. This is the place I will always go when I am craving chicken. I have brought numerous friends and family to hot chicken take over and they love it as well. Their mac and cheese is delicious too. Their food is always hot and fresh when I recieve it too which is a plus too.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Loved stopping and sharing kids meal with daughter! Just right amount of food. Full but not stuffed with tastes of all the good stuff. Sweet tea is so refreshing!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We visted Hot Chicken Take Over for lunch while attending a convention here in Columbus. The line was long but moved pretty fast. The portions are large (I could only finish half my sandwich) and the flavor is fantastic!! I like my sauce fairly hot, so the "warm" was perfect for me. My husband ordeded "hot," but it was pretty extreme and he couldn't even finish his wings, which says something.

They were so slammed that we had to wait a while to get our order, but we had time to spare so it worked out well. I would definitely recommend this place!