“Disappointed in service which caused cold food”

Marble Room Steaks & Raw Bar
Ranked #33 of 1 738 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Neighbourhood: Playhouse Square
Description: "even if you're not a VIP IRL, a visit to Marble Room makes you feel like one"- Cleveland Magazine- Best Restaurant 2018. Prime steaks, sushi, and raw bar items are served in this swanky, historic bank hall. A must see when visiting Cleveland. Live music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights after 8:00. Specializing in prime steaks, chops, seafood, oysters, and sushi. Open for Sunday Brunch 2020 Silver Spoon “Best Fine Dining Restaurant”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We live in Erie PA and it is night on the town when we come to Cleveland We stay in a hotel and shop the next day. We ordered appetizers, salad and an entree. The waitress promised to spread things out so we could enjoy dinner. We ordered oysters and the salad came before we finished two oysters. Dinner came while we were half way through the salad. The delivery person noticed that we were not finished and brought the steak back to the kitchen. Two seconds after we finished our salad they brought out our porterhouse for two. The steak was barely warm and was quite cool when we finished. If it wasn’t so late I would have sent it back. My fault.

It’s very hard to get a reservation abd we left disappointed. Just n me are sure they really spread your dinner out.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (223)

Reviewed 9 January 2021 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful. Delicious. Carpaccio was great, steak was perfect. Service was great as well.
Not inexpensive but worth every penny.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 30 December 2020

This restaurant is the right place--the location downtown is excellent. It was within walking distance to my hotel. This is the right time to visit this restaurant! They have taken CoVid safety protocols that will give you a safe dining experience in this trying time. We called late in the day on Dec. 22nd for a reservation for that night. They could not accommodate us with a table. So they suggested that we put our names in for a wait list to sit at the bar. The bar offers a full dinner menu. That suited my wife and I, after all we were calling same day during the CoVid crisis. We made the wait list reservation and got freshened up for dinner and walked to the restaurant. When we arrived, we walked into this historic bank building that has been turned into a spectacular dining establishment! Truly it looks like a movie. We checked our coats and with my mask in place, I explained that we were in the wait list for the bar area. It just a minute or so, we were on our way to the bar. We walked in past an enclosed oyster bar and I was excited to see the care and preparation that they had put into keeping fresh oysters available for their clientele! We were seated at the bar with plexiglass dividers in place that kept us separated from other patrons at the bar, but because it is plexiglass you also can see and interact with your fellow diners as little or as much as you like, as long as you do not cross the barriers. The bar tenders were bustling in their work stations and we ordered oysters and Tattinger Champagne to start our celebration of being in Cleveland, Ohio for the first time! Our bartenders/waiters were Pakie Bradley and Dustin. They took good care of us during the evening. I happened to meet a gentleman in the restaurant (while wearing my mask which is required when you leave your table or bar area) and he asked how we enjoyed our meal. I told him that we were just on the Oysters and champagne. After a brief conversation he said that he would escort me back to my table while I was busy telling him about my hometown, Huntington, IN. When we got to the table he addressed Pakie and gave him specific instructions to ensure that we had a good time. Then, he said "I own this restaurant." He introduced himself as Frank. I was thrilled that I had met the owner of the restaurant and that he was so interested in my wife and I having a good time. Tuesday nights are Neighbor Nights so there are some specials on an additional menu. The oysters were on the special menu as was the vegetarian sushi roll my wife ordered. Now all this had been great and I felt as welcomed as any guest in this fine establishment, but what I came for was a great steak. I had a bone-in rib-eye Dustin asked me what I would like on my steak. Now, I had not been to this restaurant before so I was not sure that they would get my steak temperature correct. I like a rare steak and at some establishments, I have to order it "blue" to get it done rare. I took a chance and just ordered it rare with blue cheese on it. The steak came out perfectly cooked and the blue cheese was very good. We had also ordered the Brussel Sprouts. My wife said she liked them even better than mine (that may have been the champagne getting to her my sprouts at home are spectacular). But I will freely admit that they were excellent! The bacon used in the dish was a local specialty bacon and it was great! Then on to dessert! I had the chocolate cake it was very rich chocolaty layers which were perfectly balanced with the dark chocolate ice cream that my wife had. The Ice cream cut the sweetness of this cake! I don't think you can eat this cake without smiling! From the first bite, I was grinning from ear to ear! Then with the ice cream, you can't help but talk about it with the people sitting next to you (through the plexiglass, of course). We left with warm feelings for The Marble Room and all those who work there to make it so special even in this trying time. You will forget all about your 2020 blues for the blessed couple of hours that you spend in the care of Frank and his team!! My visit to Cleveland has become a rich memory due to our Marble Room meal!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Robert W
malisse, Owner at Marble Room Steaks & Raw Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Dear Robert,
Thank you so much for the kind and very thoughtful review. Your comments will make our entire staff so happy. We hope to see you again on your next venture to Cleveland. Hopefully, the plexiglass will be long gone!

Reviewed 22 July 2020 via mobile

I so hope Marble Room reopens - their au gratin potatoes bring me joy. Great
Steaks and wine list. Surprisingly large salads.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

Amazing dinner in prime location Cleveland downtown, spectacular setting, amazing food, specialized in meat and seafood. Outstanding service and very comprehensive wine list

Date of visit: March 2020