“LONG Wait”
Review of The Brown Dog Cafe

The Brown Dog Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brown Dog Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Blue Ash
Price range: US$13 - US$35
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pfeiffer and I-71
Reviewed 28 June 2018

While the food is very good, the wait times will keep me from ever returning, at least during the lunch hour. I was part of a larger party, but there was only about 9-10 of us and we had called ahead of time and reserved a table so they knew we were coming. Yet we waited a solid hour for our food to come - and the orders were nothing complicated (burgers, salads, fish tacos) and when we mentioned it to the manager, she briefly apologized for the wait but would do nothing for our bill. Several of us were on our phones quickly trying to reschedule calls and meetings that we all thought we would be back in time for.... One person even had to run out to her car to take a call that couldn't be postponed, leaving her meal to sit and eventually get boxed up and brought back to the office to eat, well past its prime (a lukewarm salmon burger is a bit scary, and soggy fries are always a disappointment).
I'm glad they're doing a good business, but a restaurant that wants to stay in business should know that you need to staff accordingly for peak times such as a workday lunch. And discounting our bill or offering a coupon for a future visit would not have cost the restaurant much and would have appeased 10 people that otherwise walked out with no intention of returning.

skrichey1971, Owner at The Brown Dog Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

We apologize for the long wait times, and poor business lunch that you experienced, unfortunately we had a lot of employees who called off, and dealt with an extraordinarily high volume of customers, this made things difficult for us to provide the level of service that we strive for... I wish that I could have been present to help more in the moment, but at the very least I hope that you can understand that this shift was atypical for us, and give us another shot in the future.

Our goal is generally to have Hot, Fresh, Made to Order food on your table within 20 minutes, and we are upset that we couldn't deliver on your last visit, but we would love to make it up to you!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Took my mom there and we had a wonderful meal. The lunch options are great. The hummus was great my mom tried for the first time. Service was ok and got our questions answered.

Thank maclbanks .
skrichey1971, Owner at The Brown Dog Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for stopping by for lunch, we are glad that you enjoyed the food. Now you should try us for dinner to sample a different side of what we do here!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I've eaten at The Brown Dog Cafe about a dozen times over the last two years. I've never been let down with the quality and taste of their food. Their burgers are juicy and delicious and their brick oven pizza is some of my favorite ever. Their Entrees revolve and I've never been let down. My last entree there was paella and everything about it, from the crispy saffron rice to the shrimp and sausage was very well seasoned and delicious. I've also had a seafood dish in a crispy bowl that was unique and great tasting. Desserts are made in house including most of the ice cream. Service has been fine, nothing extraordinary, not bad either. Entrees are typically in the mid 20s, burgers and pizza in the low and mid teens. Bottom line: Great quality and unique dishes.

Hey John we are glad that you have enjoyed your past few visits to our restaurant. just inferring here, but it sounds like you may not have caught a breakfast or brunch here. We assure you that we don't skimp on our quality during either of those meals either, hopefully you can make it out sometime in the future. Thanks for the review, and of course we will be here to take care of you the next time, just like we did these last times.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Went with my 2 little girls for lunch. Sunday lunch was very busy.

Service was slow, but food was great.

Manager made difficult wait much better.

Enjoyed Brown Dog burger and girls shared grilled cheese.

1  Thank Pras499
skrichey1971, Owner at The Brown Dog Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Glad that you enjoyed the food, we admit that we occasionally get a little backed up in the kitchen. Being a small family business enjoying a wealth of customers is great, but it can be difficult to cook so many meals all at once from our humble sized kitchen. We appreciate your business, and we will most certainly try to speed things along better on our end. Hopefully next time you visit, we can deliver our intended experience standards. Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

In town for a business meeting and just googled places to eat, because I am a huge dog lover decided this would be a fun place to try! First, it is located in this amazing Park! I believe it’s called Summit Park - used to be a small airport that apparently has been vacant for years! Neat area!!! Probably the coolest playground I’ve ever seen!! ANYWAY! Food was amazing!!! The Brie with Pear appetizer, delicious! I selected a pizza, SO cheesy and good!!!! Austin, our server was fantastic! Great patio that overlooks the park!! Simply amazing!!!