“WATCH THE DRINKS BILL”
Review of The Gateway Hotel

The Gateway Hotel
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Mareeba
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Ordered Gin & Tonic and Scotch & Soda. Bartender asked three times what to put with Gin. He made a Gin and Soda. I told him 'no-one drinks Gin and Soda' and he remade the drink with Tonic. He then asked me five times to repeat what I wanted with the Scotch and then said 'been a big day for you Madam?' I said 'No, but yours must have been.' This is what I was charged for the drinks.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Only passing through Mareeba but put our faith in this place and was well rewarded. Great lunch - the Manwich for me (a big sandwich) and Thai Beef Salad for Mrs B. Great food and great service - all at a great price.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went around 8pm on Saturday night. The food was fantastic, we each had a steak cooked rare and they were perfect, the chips were lovely, the salad a nice touch with a very yummy dressing and the mushroom sauce was great. My partner had prawns on his and they were cooked to perfection which is a rare find. The serves were of a decent size for the money, and the atmosphere was really good. There is an awesome space for kids to play and there is a great choice of seating either inside or outside, with heaters appropriately placed.
Can’t wait to go again soon!!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We enjoyed a delicious meal of pork belly with red cabbage and apple. It was absolutely devine. The chef had cooked the pork beautifully, so it melted in our mouth, and the crackling really crackled! The pub had a good wine list too.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch with friends. All the food was delicious. Service was great. Make sure you check the specials. Would recommend to others.