Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews ferry terminal bedroom apartment infinity pool main bedroom ocean view nelly bay rock wallabies amazing views car hire spa bath maintenance issues full kitchen bottle shop washing machine rita complex iga
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2021

I recently spent a week at these amazing Mercure Appartments , booking thru Best of Magnetic and I was in awe of the stunning views, the infinity pools and the location location location and helpfulness of all the people I met whilst there. Everything was so easy, the stress melted away as soon as I got on the ferry ... Magnetic Island and the apartments are a little bit of paradise and I didn’t want to leave! See you soon, I’ll definitely be back as often as I can !❤️

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

Great central location near ferry and bus, helpful managers who arranged airport shuttle and ferry for me without prompting and nice (although cold) pools, overlooking the water.

I was advised upon checking in that all units are privately owned. There should be minimum standards for how the owners keep their rooms (ie. Don't cram every cupboard full of crap no one needs to use, have half used food in the cupboards) if they want to put them into the holiday letting pool. The unit was not cleaned to my standard, dishes needed to be washed before I could use and the state of the full cupboards did not help. There wasn't even a hairdryer, but there was everything else you'd never want. I am surprised they're allowed to use the Mercure name, as for this I'd expect hotel quality/standard rooms.

Worth upgrading to water view room, but it makes this place very pricey for what it is (even though I used a Groupon and got it cheaper than normally advertised).

The wifi is not available in rooms, Austar did not appear to work, I reported tu management that 3 lights in the unit I stayed in didn't work and that the back door doesn't lock.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2021

We had a 4 night Luxury Escape to the Grand Mercure. Our welcome pack far exceeded our expectations. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with a harbour view. The apartment was spacious and very clean. A well equiped kitchen allowed us to self cater. The location is very convenient to the felly terminal and bus stop with the IGA supermarket closeby. The management were very obliging. We bought a daily pass on the bus each day. I would recommend a stay at the Grand Mercure.

Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

Now known as Bright Point, stayed in 1401 for 3 nights.
Modern, bright apartment had nice view of Nelly Bay marina across to Townsville.
Odd layout ok, you can bath with a view, but goes for quirky over function. Lack of wardrobe space, no full mirrors and no fly screens. Insects are an issue so you need to close up and use air-conditioning instead.
Otherwise quite pleasant, property has 4 pools. Rooftop in this block is best as stays sunny all day, others shady.
Cleaning could have been better. Moved a single bed in bedroom 2 to find dirt and a used face mask. Other areas similar, needs a good deep clean.
Great location for ferry, supermarket, restaurants and buses. Walk to Gordon & Alma Bay 25mins.

Room tip: Go for high level, waterfront.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

The apartment was exactly as described and 100 metres from the ferry and the supermarket. On arrival we were presented with a breakfast start up kit and show to the apartment adjacent to the seawall looking towards Townsville. The apartment was as well equipped as our home with two airconditioners, a large refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer and with detergents to use them and wash up. We purchased extra food but basic items were supplied in the starter kit or were already in the apartment...The apartment was located directly above a well maintained pool and spa. To add to our great stay the apartments receptionist and caretaker were extremely helpful and made our stay relaxed and pleasant.

Room tip: Avoid the wet season! Weather is perfect and temperatures just right April to September.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple