Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews ferry terminal bedroom apartment infinity pool main bedroom ocean view nelly bay rock wallabies amazing views car hire spa bath maintenance issues full kitchen bottle shop washing machine rita complex iga
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a 4 night Luxury Escape to the Grand Mercure. Our welcome pack far exceeded our expectations. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with a harbour view. The apartment was spacious and very clean. A well equiped kitchen allowed us to self cater. The location is very convenient to the felly terminal and bus stop with the IGA supermarket closeby. The management were very obliging. We bought a daily pass on the bus each day. I would recommend a stay at the Grand Mercure.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

Now known as Bright Point, stayed in 1401 for 3 nights.
Modern, bright apartment had nice view of Nelly Bay marina across to Townsville.
Odd layout ok, you can bath with a view, but goes for quirky over function. Lack of wardrobe space, no full mirrors and no fly screens. Insects are an issue so you need to close up and use air-conditioning instead.
Otherwise quite pleasant, property has 4 pools. Rooftop in this block is best as stays sunny all day, others shady.
Cleaning could have been better. Moved a single bed in bedroom 2 to find dirt and a used face mask. Other areas similar, needs a good deep clean.
Great location for ferry, supermarket, restaurants and buses. Walk to Gordon & Alma Bay 25mins.

Room tip: Go for high level, waterfront.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

The apartment was exactly as described and 100 metres from the ferry and the supermarket. On arrival we were presented with a breakfast start up kit and show to the apartment adjacent to the seawall looking towards Townsville. The apartment was as well equipped as our home with two airconditioners, a large refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer and with detergents to use them and wash up. We purchased extra food but basic items were supplied in the starter kit or were already in the apartment...The apartment was located directly above a well maintained pool and spa. To add to our great stay the apartments receptionist and caretaker were extremely helpful and made our stay relaxed and pleasant.

Room tip: Avoid the wet season! Weather is perfect and temperatures just right April to September.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2021

The location of this hotel is pure perfection.
I had friends coming and going, from the ferry and bus terminal, to visit me and was easily able to watch the ferry come in and pop down to greet them on the wharf.
Easy walk to IGA, ferry/bus terminal and most Nelly Bay Restaurants.

Safe as houses too, it's a little gated estate!!

Residents feed the local Rock Wallabies special pellets and I was able to watch the cute little creatures from my balcony. (Block 4 - ocean view)

The 2 bedroom apartment was beautiful and well-appointed.
Beds and pillows very comfortable.
The upgrade to ocean view well worth the money, I loved listening to the waves crash on the rocks below the infinity pool.
Friends were in Block 1, level 2 - and they had a great view too.
Breakfast/welcome pack was part of my purchase and was generous.

We used the BBQ by block 2. Stainless steel, clean when I got there and super easy to re-clean when we were done.
Gym available in each block too - ours had just a treadmill and rowing machine - what more do you need on an island FULL of walking/hiking trails?

Rita, Eric and Jack were all BEYOND helpful. I think my favourite hotel family!!
Literally nothing was a problem for them, including helping me get my Mum set up with a shower chair.

I miss them already and can't wait for my next visit to this enchanting island.
When I come back, I'll make time to hit the rooftop pool area! Can't believe I missed that.

Room tip: 5 different, well laid out blocks, 3 have elevator access if you have accessibility issues.
Reviewed 27 May 2021

Spent four nights here with the family. Great central location and a close walk to IGA, ferry, car rental places etc. Watching the rock wallabies from the balcony was great. And the kids loved the choice of four swimming pools.