Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
getaroom.comUS$154
Reviews (1 842)
1 842 results
All reviews ferry terminal buffet breakfast superior room restaurant staff endota spa overlooking the marina huge pool no lift across the road nelly bay car hire maggie island pools apartment iga townsville supermarket
Selected filters
11 - 16 of 1 842 reviews
Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

Stayed at Peppers with my partner for a short 4 night stay. The place is quite old and not what you would expect from a Peppers. The staff where friendly at reception and views are nice from the room however that’s about it!! This property has the potential to be fabulous if upgraded.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Central location, modern accommodation and worth the extra $$ to get marina view (much more tranquil). Include breakfast and your set for the day. Wifi reception is weak so have data. Kids will love the huge pool at other end.

Plus it’s next to ferry easy access from mainland.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with AccorHotels.com
Richard McArthur, General Manager at Peppers Blue on Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Dear ToulaV66,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive review following your recent visit.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a comfortable and enjoyable stay in this unique and amazing location!

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back sometime.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2021 via mobile

We booked two nights here and were happy it wasn’t longer. I brought certain concerns to the attention of the management particularly regarding opening times for the restaurant/bar. Take care when booking that you know exactly when these two facilities are open especially if you hope to rely on them for drinks at the end of the day or an evening meal. I was informed that the two staff members enjoying an end of working day drink whilst paying guests resorted to other options, were in fact discussing the venue and its prospects. Good for them. I hope they thoroughly enjoyed it. I get it’s unusual times. I get it’s tricky getting staff. I get all of the limitations at this time but what I don’t get is that you failed to inform a paying guest that this would be the case. Recommend it? Nah, don’t think so. Not at this time anyway. Pretty messy, pretty average.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear liverbirdJ53,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry we have not met your expectations and our restaurant not being opened outside of breakfast and lunch services has impacted on your stay.

Unfortunately, like many other business the impacts of Covid-19 have been devastating to us. Whilst we would love to be fully operational now, there are many challenges to operating a venue on an island following a pandemic which have restricted us from being able to do so yet. It is certainly something we are working towards and I am sorry it impacted on your stay.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the island and hope to be able to welcome you back some other time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2021

Room was good, and a couple of hours of maintenance - chipped paint, cracks etc - would have worked wonders. Two good pools, but showing their age, tiles missing, leaves floating on the bottom.
Paid for full breakfast, which amounted to a choice of half a dozen fixed options, with an additional charge for items not included in the fixed choice, and an additional charge for coffee or tea (and surely a full breakfast includes those?). No buffet option due to difficulty attracting staff, apparently, whereas other resorts offer a 'staffed buffet' approach to deal with Covid issues.
Bar was closed most nights, and no dinner service or room service options.
No porter or help with bags.
Hopeless internet (apparently Telstra's fault although my phone's Telstra coverage was great and the hotspot was faster than the hotel broadband). Wireless password changes after 3 days but nobody pointed that out, despite us booking in for a week.
Then a mystery $140 on my bill, and the same on my friend's bill, which couldn't be explained and was quickly removed.
Overall the room and pools were great and the (very limited number of) staff friendly, but the rest of it was nowhere near what I've experienced from Peppers elsewhere.
Got the feeling this was a hotel that placed profit a long way ahead of customer experience. Won't be going back and has changed my view of Peppers generally.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the Ferry Terminal still had an ok view from the balcony, but overlooking the water would be better.

Dear clivefromsydney,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is pleasing to hear you had a positive experience with our staff and enjoyed the location. I am sorry that there were other aspects which let down your overall stay, including our restaurant offering and availability. Our choice not to offer buffet is a result of Covid restrictions but will continue because we see the opportunity to provide a better quality a la carte offering, rather than a bulk offer. Being on an island with a limited population, we do have challenges with access to staff however our intent is always to provide the best experience we can so I apologise if this was not the case for your stay.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 2 May 2021

Served by Karen.
She was rude the whole time she was checking us in. We won’t be returning because of her service. Staff clearly need training. Plus no offer to help with our bags to our room on the 3rd floor. We are elderly so we struggled to get our bags to our room.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank LHA16

Dear LHA16,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with one of our team members was not positive one. We appreciate all feedback and this will be addressed with the team at Reception to ensure that they are aware of the impact of their actions. Whilst we don't offer porterage as a standard, our team is here to help with luggage at any time if required so I apologise this did not happen for you.

Thank you again and I hope we do have an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.