Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
CheapTicketsUS$167
Prestigia.comUS$173
Reviews (1 848)
1 848 results
All reviews ferry terminal buffet breakfast superior room restaurant staff endota spa overlooking the marina huge pool no lift across the road nelly bay car hire maggie island pools apartment iga townsville supermarket
Selected filters
25 - 30 of 1 848 reviews
Reviewed 19 April 2021

Fantastic family friendly resort well positioned in proximity to the ferry terminal, supermarket and central to everything Magnetic Island has to offer. Beautiful lagoon pool with views towards the green mountains and the marina. Great friendly service, excellent presentation. The beds were super comfortable, kids loved swimming and watching the movies. We had the best time!

Review collected in partnership with AccorHotels.com
Richard McArthur, General Manager at Peppers Blue on Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Dear Kornelija2014,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide such positive feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are thrilled to hear that you and the family had an enjoyable stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when next you travel to Magnetic Island.

Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

We arrived Monday check in was terrible, our room was not ready even being a platinum member, we were given directions to wait in the restaurant, which was closed! We had to wait 30 minutes for our room to be ready. When we arrived the floor was wet the room was not clean it was actually filthy!! Not a $450 per night room! No towels, no tea when we mentioned it to reception the woman rolled her eyes at us.

The cutting board was mouldy, sticky brown residue on the shelves housing the glasses which was missing its door!

The air conditioner stopped working at 9:30pm the second last night we were staying we tried to call reception no one could be reached to discuss this issue. Luckily we were on the third floor so we could open the doors to the apartment but not ideal.

The bathroom had what could only be described as dry drain the stench was horrendous.

Again the staff were very non committal and really didn’t care about the state of the room.

We paid for the included breakfast a few choices and at least a 50 minute wait for the meal. If you wanted tea and coffee that was an extra.....

The pool was dirty, brown greasy marks all around the edge of the pool.

The day spa was lovely and my husband and I enjoyed a massage each. The only good thing going for the resort.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Caznluke

Dear Caznluke,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Peppers Blue on Blue. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one.

We are genuinely grateful for your loyalty and so it is disappointing to learn that we have let you down during your visit with us.

Our aim is to provide a memorable experience to all visitors to this unique and beautiful location so I apologise that we have missed that chance. We appreciate your detailed feedback which I will share with our owners and the operational team as we are always looking at ways to be able to improve on what we do to ensure the best possible experience.

Thank you again for the feedback and if we have a chance to welcome you back to Magnetic Island at some stage please let me know and I will ensure your next visit is a better one.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2021

First, the good - I had made a special request during my booking and am very grateful that Peppers not only acknowledged the request but were willing to fulfill it. It made a HUGE difference and I greatly appreciate any hotel's willingness to accommodate guest requests (as I find that is normally a 50/50 thing). Second, the bed and bedding was super comfy. I am a hot sleeper and struggle with hotel linens and pillows. Both my daughter and I slept really well and the room maintained a consistent temperature throughout the night so that was great. We had a room on the 3rd floor that overlooked the marina and that was just lovely and serene (and well worth spending extra $$ on as it truly is lovely and reminds you that you're in Magnetic Island. What was not so good:
1) Check in person was efficient and effective in that Peppers-trained way but lacked any kind of warmth, friendliness or welcome. She didn't offer any assistance with the luggage and nor did she mention we had stairs to navigate to get to the room - which would have been appreciated given I was working with an injured knee and foot.
2) The room was not cleaned very well. I opened the closet to find a previous guest's bottle of booze sitting right there in plain sight on the shelf. Blankets in the closet were just stuffed in there, showing they had not been checked by housekeeping, let alone replaced.
3) Found someone's hairclip right under the bed (hello...? Cleaning standards? Especially in COVID times ... this is a worry)
4) Daily housekeeping was just dismal. Nothing was replaced or wiped down. The bed was quickly made and the trash was emptied and that was it (if you have coffee and you'd like more, be sure to ask. If you've used the bath and shower gel, and you want more, be sure to ask. NOTHING was replaced without having to ask). I would have been happy to give the carpet a bit of a vacuum where my daughter had spilled some rice had there been a vacuum in the room but I mistakenly assumed housekeeping would do that (at a Peppers Resort, am I wrong to thing this comes with the price?). Cockroach in the morning on Day One and after a few days of being there, I'm surprised the rooms don't have more cockroaches.
4) If you're planning on doing any work that involves wifi when you're there (or using the internet in general), make sure you have a back-up wifi source. We were given a password for the first 3 days (after 3 days you can't log on and you'll need to request a new password which seems a little antiquated and inefficient but there you go) but what's really unexpected is that the internet is like 1980s standards where it slows down once you exceed your limit (so if you're downloading photos ... beware). I had a Zoom call scheduled that ended up not happening because the internet was so slow that it took 20 minutes to upload a single photo. I could have dealt with this had we been informed about this from the start but they never said anything and so, I ended up having to cancel a morning of work.

In good news, I gave some early feedback and immediately got a phone call from the new manager who has only just gotten to the property. He is from Indonesia (where they really know how to do great hospitality on every level). He was more than willing to help and made some suggestions for improvement with check-in etc. My guess is he has been brought into raise the standards of this property so that it better reflects the Peppers brand. As it stands now, I wouldn't return here. It doesn't match the warmth and friendliness of Magnetic Island. We also stayed at island Leisure Resort and while its not as modern or prestigious as Peppers, we'd go back there in a heartbeat because they are so committed to their guests. The property here - both the staff and the resort itself - needs some updating. I agree with the recent review that there doesn't seem to be a lot of care here for the customer experience. I hope the new manager changes that. Best of luck to him!

Room tip: High floor, facing the marina is really worth it if you prefer a quiet room.

Dear AGoodAdventure,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for providing feedback in regards to your recent experience at our hotel and regret that certain aspects of your stay impacted your time with us.

Whilst it is pleasing to see there were elements of your stay that were positive such as your experience with our staff and the comfort of your beds, it is disappointing that we have let you down in other areas particularly given that we share mutual high expectations of quality and cleanliness within the rooms.

I have shared this feedback with all of our operational teams so that we can make the necessary improvements but also to ensure that we don’t let ourselves down in these areas again.

I appreciate you taking the time to share these comments with me as all feedback assists in us being the best we can.

Thank you again.
Regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2021

Disappointing from start to finish...

We originally paid a good rate for our room, given that we travelled over Easter, and therefore incurred a premium as all travelers do over this time.

Upon arrival we were offered a room overlooking the IGA carpark. We choose to pay for an upgrade, but the room was still disappointing...the minibar was empty, there was no room service, our AC unit leaked constantly, the couch was damp and smelled, we had to clean dishes in the bathroom, and the Wi-Fi is dismal.

Furthermore, the restaurant wasn't open in the evening, we were hurried out of the bar on the only afternoon we had a drink in the hotel, as the barmaid was going off her shift at 3.00pm.

At breakfast we were informed that coffee and tea wasn't included in the breakfast package that we paid for. We only ate breakfast at the hotel once, as the food was bad, the staff we rude, and we were surrounded by other diners who were understandably disgruntled and complaining.....Its an awful experience, and one I wished I'd never paid for, having now read earlier reviews from other unwitting holiday goers.

Customer service at Peppers Magnetic Island is almost non existent, and borderline rude. We called concierge to ask for a taxi to head to another restaurant, given that their own restaurant was closed. Just to be given a taxi number and told to call one ourselves....nice.

In 6 days our room was cleaned once, and the bathroom supplies replaced twice. Even though our booking clearly stated daily cleaning. We asked for cleaning at a later time on the 2nd from last day, to which the cleaner remarked "aren't you leaving tomorrow?" insinuating, what's the point?! Again, nice.

On our last morning we had to call reception for new soap and shampoo, along with milk as it hadn't been replaced. Just to be told that they had ran out of milk... we didn't even get a sorry.....and this was Easter weekend....not acceptable.

When asked by reception if we enjoyed our stay, we explained our experience as we have here, and the lady didn't even offer an apology....it was like she had heard it all before, and didn't want to get into it yet again.

This place is to be avoided. People deserve a much better service for their money. Sure COVID has disrupted stuff, but there is no excuse for poor service. Stop accepting bookings and money if you cant service your hotel and customers properly.

The massage place was also closed the entire time we were there....

Room tip: Dont let them put you in a room overlooking the IGA car park and ferry terminal...
Date of stay: March 2021

Dear markcrow2021,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that not all of your stay was to your expectations and I apologise that we have let you down in this regard. This pandemic has been extremely challenging for tourism businesses and the impact of the closures and restrictions have devastating to us hence our reason for being cautious in regards to reopening all facilities. This however does not excuse poor service and I am sorry that you experienced this. I can also assure you that we share the same high expectations in regards to cleanliness and presentation and so this will be addressed with our team to ensure that this remains a priority at all times.

Best regards,