Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$188
getaroom.comUS$209
Reviews (1 838)
1 838 results
All reviews ferry terminal buffet breakfast superior room restaurant staff endota spa overlooking the marina huge pool no lift across the road nelly bay car hire maggie island pools apartment iga townsville supermarket
Selected filters
105 - 110 of 1 838 reviews
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Whilst you would think the location of this property being opposite the ferry terminal and across from the main supermarket on the island is convenient, any room located on that side is EXTREMELY noisy and should be avoided at all costs!

The rooms themselves are quite spacious and have everything required for an apartment stay but are a little dated. The beds are firm (which i personally don't mind) but pillows are quite soft and no options available for other types. The water pressure is average and shower heads are from the 90's. The in room movies are free and have a reasonable selection but as has been mentioned in other reviews the wifi is ordinary at best and a bit hit and miss.
The big miss is that the windows are not double glazed and so even when closed completely you hear EVERYTHING outside the room (from people talking on the street waiting for the bus, the bus itself, the ferry horn which sounds from 6am until after midnight and of course the garbage truck which picks up the trash every morning at or before 6am). So if you are wanting to get a restful nights sleep make sure you demand not to be put in rooms overlooking the IGA or Ferry terminal.

The included buffet breakfast is more than adequate with good selections of pastry, breads, condiments and any type of eggs you would like made to order (except omlettes).

Overall i would recommend but only if you have a room on the marina side of the property.

Room tip: Ask for any room not on the ferry/supermarket side of the property.
2  Thank Mavrick232
Reviewed 3 October 2019

I stayed in a studio superior for 5 nights, was located on the ground floor, which is slightly raised from the promenade along the water, but is still at about eye level of people walking past. The studios are described as having a kitchenette, but not exactly what that entails, so I'm here to tell you it includes a bar fridge with small internal freezer compartment (not cold enough to properly maintain icecream), a microwave and cooktop with 2 hot plates. I took advantage of the free buffet breakfast, which included everything you'd expect in a full breakfast and was a welcome addition.

I didn't experience any of the issues other reviewers have mentioned - apartment sufficiently maintained, internet speed and reception was adequate. My one issue with the internet was that I was only given 3 days worth of access even though I was staying for 5 nights. When I approached reception about this issue they explained this was intentional, and that I was supposed to just come and get another access code after those 3 days. I think it would help if this was explained on the information sheet to avoid confusion.

Based on my own experience I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Location next to the ferry terminal, bus stop and IGA supermarket is very convenient. And Magnetic Island itself is an incredible place, if anyone needs convincing of that.

Reviewed 1 October 2019 via mobile

Our 3 bedroom apartment was excellent. Very spacious. Well equipped. Even though we did the eco-stay option which meant no house keeping during our stay, it didn’t bother us because we had enough towels and we did not require linen to be changed everyday. It is really handy to get the bus and ferry because it is opposite the hotel. There is an IGA across the road and very nice location in Nelly Bay. I would highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2019 via mobile

Previous guest hair found in the shower. Reception on the television is terrible. Both our bedside lamp lightbulbs were blown before we used them, obviously not checked by cleaners, took the blown bulbs down to reception and they said we’d have to wait til the morning. No where to store your bags securely before checkin/after checkout and awaiting departure. They are stored next to the reception front desk with access available to anyone. There was a room service food tray left outside our door (presumably from previous guests) not collected for the entirety of our stay. Finally my absolute pet hate about hotels: you can’t push two single beds together, put a sheet over the top and sell it as a Double/Queen/King. It’s as if this ‘resort’ has become very complacent.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2019

The hotel is located 50 meters from the ferry terminal but your room may be 100 meters from reception. Our room had many, many maintenance issues. At our request some items were repaired but others were never repaired. Housekeeping was the bare minimum. Internet seldom worked. The hotel needs a lot of maintenance. On the plus side the staff was friendly but couldn't resolve many of our problems. I would not rebook this property.

Room tip: Avoid rooms facing the marina. Lots of noise from boat owners.
Date of stay: August 2019
Tim M, General Manager at Peppers Blue on Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Dear Theguyin4B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Peppers Blue on Blue. Please accept our apologies that issues raised were not attended too. This is not indicative of the standards we share as a team and I will discuss this at our briefing.

I do hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the property in future to turn this around for you.

Best Regards