Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21/08/07
Free cancellation until 21/08/06
FindHotel
US$50
Hotels.comUS$59
PricelineUS$53
CheapTicketsUS$59
All reviews clean kitchen affordable place to stay the bus washing line great wifi pizza oven nice pool coffee pods the pub shared bathroom air con laundry facilities a lovely stay bottle shop fantastic location stayed for nights sink
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Before I came to CStay, I was staying in a big party hostel where drunk people were still screaming and walking around on a monday night, I decided to look for a more quiet place to enjoy the beautiful island life. And that’s exactly what I found at CStay! The owner, Anton, is very friendly and caring. When I arrived at CStay I didn’t realise there were only double and single rooms, so that was an unpleasant surprise for me since that doesn’t really fit my backpackers-budget. When I said that, Anton decided to help me out by giving a discount! TIP: when you’re travelling with someone else, you can split the costs of the double room and it’ll be just as cheap as a 6-shared in the nearby party hostel.

The hostel itself is quiet and relaxed, it perfectly fits the island vibe. Don’t go here expecting parties or big social gatherings, you won’t find them at CStay. The people staying here are generally a bit older, there is youth as well but not the big party groups you’ll find at other hostels.

The next day I had to move to a different hostel on Magnetic, because even with the discount it didn’t fit my budget to stay multiple nights at CStay. The other hostel was about 10 kilometres away from CStay, and when I was contemplating about how to get my bicycle and big backpack there, Anton offered to give me a ride! That was so nice & friendly, it shows that the hostel really takes care of their guests and they are willing to do that extra thing to make you feel happy.

Thanks a lot Anton!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Anton P, Owner at CStay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2019

My Pleasure!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Location is great and accessibility good.Clean and fresh, good kitchen and bedroom. Pool is wonderful and it is set in a garden of colour and birdsong.Shared spaces were clean and tidy, bathroom was fresh and hot showers.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank F7118RQcarolm
Anton P, Owner at CStay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi there! Sorry for the slow response but things are a bit hectic! Thank you for your review and rating - it is much appreciated!

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with my girlfriend and met up with 2 other friends whilst there. Chose here because it was the cheapest deal we found online, but once there it didn't feel cheap at all.

The area is a bit out of the way, go to the IGA from the ferry before arriving and bring some groceries- has a full kitchen with all you need to do some cooking. There is a bar and restaurants near by too. We didn't bring stuff with us, not knowing it was out the way. The owner very kindly dropped us back in town.

If going to Magnetic Island I'd recommend staying at CStay.

Date of stay: December 2017
2  Thank JoeMurph89
Anton P, Owner at CStay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for your recommendation and review - it summarises what we hope to achieve and offer very well! We now have a small grocery store in Picnic Bay!

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here, it felt like a little hotel! The room was quite small but very clean and had a sink and fridge which is very handy. The toilet/shower block was also very clean. It is right near a bus stop so very easy to get around the island. The kitchen was extremely clean and well equipped. The owner was very helpful and friendly and gave us lots of tips and ideas during our stay. Would definitely recommend CStay, the best place we have stayed at on the East Coast!

Date of stay: December 2017
Anton P, Owner at CStay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi! I'm very happy to learn that your stay was such a pleasant experience! You are correct - our vision is to get a home-from-home feeling for guests so that they could relax. There is still much work to do and feedback is always welcome!

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The only reason I did not give Cstay 5 out of 5 is because the bed was rather hard for me and the rooms need a little more ventilation. Apart from that the place is fantastic especially for a hostel. Spotlessly clean, well maintained, the kitchen is fabulously equipped and again spotless. The bedding again spotless. The word spotless features a lot in my review. Anton, our host was a delight and nothing was too much trouble. A lovely cheerful man. If you are looking for a budget stay on Magnetic Island you cannot go past Cstay.

Date of stay: November 2017
Anton P, Owner at CStay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi there! Thanks you for the very constructive feedback - we appreciate it a lot. We have been considering installing ceiling fans and hopefully we'll be in a position in the not too distant future to kick off such a project..