ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Unfortunately the former propieter, Alan, has passed away and Canopy Chalets is a shadow of its former self. My wife and I stayed in unit #4 in mid-September 2017, returning to Canopy Chalets for a 2nd time as we were so thrilled with our stay in 2014. Firstly, this location is no longer adults only. The BBQ outside is in disrepair and doesn't work. There was a strong stink of insecticide in our chalet, wasp nests in the door jam, the fridge was rusty and dirty, and the shower was broken (shower head spraying water all over and loose, it actually came down and hit me in the head). Multiple units have been sold to private owners: unit 2 has two constantly barking little dogs and the owner speeds into the park lot with no regard for others' safety. The booking agency, "Best of Magnetic," was distant and cold with no interest in customer service. I had purchased steak and corn to cook on the BBQ for a nice romantic dinner with my wife but the BBQ would not light. There are two BBQs, but one was all rusty and full of spider webs and obviously not used in a long time so I tried the other one first, but neither would light. Very frustrating and disappointing. I cannot recommend this accommodation any longer.

Room tip: Units 8-13 back up to rainforest, others do not.
Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank kstravels2015
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This stay has everything you need! It's quiet, it has beautiful nature sounds, its private and close to everything. It's the most perfect set up! Lounge, dining, kitchen and bathroom all on the lower floor and bedroom tucked away upstairs. 5stars for me.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Well set up A- frame unit with mezzanine (bedroom). Self contained kitchen, A/C, washing machine and drier, it has everything you need (except for a coffee plunger). It is one of ten or so units located around a palm shaded swimming pool. The shared and shady gardens have barbecues and outdoor tables.

The bus stop for the efficient Magnetic Island bus system is at the bottom of the driveway - very convenient.

The managing agency (Best Magnetic) is friendly and drove us to the unit from the ferry terminal.

With louvred windows to allow for cooling cross ventilation, you do hear nearby conversations at night if your neighbours have loud voices (ours did), so earplugs are a good idea if you are noise sensitive. Overall a great choice and recommended.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2016

We loved the canopy chalets; set in the middle of a bird-filled forest, with all the amenities anyone would require. It's a beautifully designed sloping-roofed cottage, just for you and your partner. If you're tossing up between this and a hotel/resort room; I would highly recommend the Canopy chalets! Helps if you have a car, but quite accessible by bus or on foot.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 4 November 2015

My wife and I stayed several nights here in May of 2014; it was an amazing and unforgettable experience. Alan was a fantastic host, tending to our every need and at the same time leaving us alone to enjoy the peace and beauty of Magnetic Island. The individual chalets that sit around the pool are truly magnificent, the hardwood floors and loft bedrooms are romantic, clean and elegant. The wildlife you'll see here is varied and plentiful, as these chalets sit right on the edge of the wild rainforest preserve that makes up much of the island. At night, it can get very noisy as the jungle animals are right outside your window, but it is a very cool experience in my opinion. We had curlews come right up to our door as well as possum, and many beautiful tropical birds can be seen right at poolside as well as wallabies and more right in the area. We will definitely be back Alan! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay.

Room tip: each chalet faces the pool
Date of stay: December 2014