Hotels.com
StayForLong
Orbitz.com
All reviews balcony bbq bedroom maintenance cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I have never been serviced by such bad attitude and mentality from a land lord in all my time of travelling! Not only did the apartment have a massive ceiling swelling that we received a reply of "we were gonna get someone to come out and fix that today". But for sticking up for the family next door we got absolutely backstabbed! Coming for a relaxing holiday and staying in a "relaxing" apartment there was a bucks party on the level below that was very inappropriate for an apartment block, we called the land lord to tell them about the ceiling we also mentioned the families around and the amount of. Pose the bucks party was making in regards to this. The land lord then turned up, told them to turn it down then yelled out in front of them "hey, yeah you, they're going inside no need to make any further complaint". Well what a way to make things awkward, and what a way to get a bad review! Sorry for the attempt to keep your apartment clean and safe from broken property, next time we will keep our mouths shut and let it fail for you. Next time think of your tone, manner and actions! No need to try make us out to be the bad people! Will never recommend this place!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I came to Magnetic not knowing much about the island. I stayed in 3 places including the Peppers and a Suite at the Base hostel. All of them ranging about the same price, in case you’re wondering how staying at a hostel could be the same they have private suites on the ocean.

My point is, I WISH I knew about this place first. The last night I decided to stay here. Maureen was an exceptional contact, she was so accommodating and sweet. A few of my girlfriends staying at Base came over with me to check in, and we couldn’t believe our eyes. The place was gigantic, super cold A/C, comfy bed, 2 bathrooms, a washer and dryer, and best for us a huge kitchen and seating area outside.

We cooked a huge dinner and enjoyed the large outdoor table & marina view at night. We also used the in room hot tub (jacuzzi).

There was everything you could need to cook a proper dinner. They also had dish soap, sponges, all the necessities to tidy up. The only thing we were missing were paper towels, so I would bring them next time.

I LOVED this place and would go back in a heart beat. I wouldn’t chang a thing. My favorite stay in Aussie so far!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Can't speak highly enough of our host Mairium, she was wonderful and very hospitable. A perfect apartment for our family with everything we needed. Perfect location for local buses, ferry, and amenities. Everything you need is catered for. The pool is great although very very cold, the beach is much warmer. Kids didn't mind though and loved daily/nightly swims. Thank you again we hope to return and will also recommend to friends and family.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed here for two nights over last weekend and just loved it. We were in Apartment 8 so had a beautiful view over the Marina. The apartment was in walking distance to the supermarket and boardwalk etc and is beautifully appointed. The main room with the spa bath was divine. The host Mairin is lovely and is really helpful. Would highly recommend this for a short or long stay and the fenced off grassed area at the front of the apartment is perfect for containing little children if you have them, with pool right in front (fenced).

Room tip: Room 8 is on ground floor right in the corner with a lovely view, or Room 20 above
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Such a perfect setting with amazing views of mountains overlooking the marina. So beautiful are these apartments we definitely did not want to leave after our 2 night stay.
Very well equipped kitchen with BBQ outside and everything you would need in between.
We have been here a few times now in different units, and each one is equally beautiful.
Upstairs 3 bed units have 2 levels with lounge, kitchen, toilet, laundry and huge balcony downstairs. And bed and 2 bathrooms with additional balcony upstairs. Most beautiful with master bath overlooking the marina. Have to see to believe.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and offer discount for repeat visits.
Cannot recommend highly enough. Definitely our favourite holiday getaway now.

Date of stay: July 2017