“Girls Lokk About”
Review of Towcester Museum

Towcester Museum
Ranked #6 of 19 things to do in Towcester
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Had some spare time in Towcester so I took a look in. This is really nice treat for a little town like this and I will highly recommend it to my friends and family to vistit.
Has things for children to do also so I will be bringing my son here sometime maybe on a wet day.

2  Thank Clair H
"viking"
"era"
"dating"

Reviewed 20 August 2017

My mum and I love Towcester and the last time we were there the Museum was closed so when we had a chance to return recently we jumped at it and we were not disappointed, what an excellent high quality presentation of Towester's history from Neolithic to World War II, with an addition room on the Towcester railway. The quality of the finds and the clear narrative of the displays was impressive as was the staff I cannot say I have ever experienced a more friendly atmosphere were nothing was too much trouble. My Mother has problems with stairs being disabled but they have a fantastic lift which made it no trouble at all. Although no children were with us on this visit I did notice many activities they could participate in period clothes, plastic roman helmets and swords and Dorum the friendly mouse to guide them round, even as an adult the temptation to pick up a shield was too much and I loved it. The museum was obviously created with passion and knowledge it was a real highlight. I cannot recommend enough.

1  Thank james1879
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great if you are into your history, good insight to Towcester's ancient and modern history, small venue good for a one to tow hour visit. Good selection of small items books, souvenirs etc to buy.

1  Thank StevenLTowcester
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Visited with grandson aged 12 nearly 13. Well signposted just off the main high street. We were given a map to follow round the museum and we also decided to do the junior quiz for fun. Grandson was a little reluctant but once into the swing of things he was soon hunting for the answers! An excellent layout with a great deal of information and some televised pieces to watch and sit. For the younger children there were costumes to try on. At the end grandson was given a certificate for completing the quiz although he wasn't too bothered about the badge as a prize. Well worth a visit, so much history to be learned about Towcester.

1  Thank June W
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 August 2017

It is like most things in life if it's on your doorstep you tend to pass on by without a second glance. At best tell yourself that next time you will go in. Well cheerful readers I did go in , and jolly glad I did too. Firstly, the building that houses the museum is a wonderful old place in itself, and lends an atmosphere to the the displays . The museum itself is well laid out with ample access for wheelchairs etc. The display's are delightful and informative and clearly labelled. There is a little gift shop on entering run by some very friendly people. Yes, I say again I am very glad I made the effort - Thanks Towcester Museum!

1  Thank kittyfisher007