“still a great little restaurant!!!!”

The Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 57 Restaurants in Hailsham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Made my first visit of 2018 the second week in March and it was lovely to be back. The atmosphere was as good as ever and the food still great.
I was supposed to be being "good" and chef did me a fantastic "cottage" salad on the first night, but on the second I gave in and had the mushroom risotto. Boy was it good!!!
Creamy and filling and tasty with no scrimping on the parmesan cheese either.
Desserts still are a little limited,but then that's just me and in the end the range of flavours of lovely creamy icecream and hot chocolate pudding keep me purrrrrrfectly happy.
As always the staff were lovely and it was a real pleasure to be back at my favourite table which they always try and keep for me when I ring and book.
Looking forward to calling in again in June!!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have been here a few times and tended to stick with same food but this time decided to try a few other choices
They were busy so seemed quite a long time for service whether drinks or food
The food when it turned up was not very warm and by time we got to the middle it was cold, we called them over and told the waitress, she actually felt the food with her fingers and when she came back the food had been put in the microwave, and was what we had returned
Although it was now hot we were not so keen on eating it.
They didn’t reduce our bill and didn’t seem to care about our experience
Never again

2  Thank 491garryl
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant multiple times with family and it’s always a pleasure. The combination of excellent service and even better tasting food make it a must visit for any occasion...

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Wow, wow, wow. The service was great, the food was Amazing with a capital A. I can't believe that it's taken me so long to discover this place. I'm going back once a month at least!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Rang with the off chance they may have a table on a Saturday within the next 15 to 30mins they did always a nice welcome great service and excellent food.
Starter of cheese and garlic bread they don't skimp on the cheese.
Cottage calzone always amazing I had Fungi risotto for a change.
Beautiful chocolate pudding and sauce and Bannofi pie a must.
certainly filled up before we left.