“a holiday home with a personal touch”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 'The Cowshed'

The Cowshed from Cliffe Road (the door is now red!) Lounge area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Cowshed!
The Cowshed from Cliffe Road (the door is now red!)
Lounge area
Lounge (Currently there is a leather sofa instead of the chairs)
Kitchen/diner area (from lounge)
Kitchen
Bedroom
Bathroom
Bathroom: Bath,  with electric shower (to the right, in the bath)
Patio area opposite Cowshed front door.
Evening view from front door
Glossop town centre: View of main square to town hall
Glossop town centre: View of main square from town hall
Front of Cowshed (the barn door is now red)
Driveway entrance leading down to The Cowshed (opposite house number 37 on Cliffe Road)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Ruud51
Rotterdam, Holland
“a holiday home with a personal touch”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

The Cowshed is a wonderful little house. What made us like it so much? The tasteful decoration with an eye for detail and the warm and friendly hospitality of the owners Wendy and Andrew. There were fresh flowers on the table with tea and brownies to welcome us. And Andrew took us in his car to Snake Pass, so that we had a great walk along the Pennine way. It's also possible to make walks practically from the doorstep. The cottage is situated on the outskirts of Glossop, yet within easy walking distance of the railway station. Andrew kindly offered us to drive us to the station, but that wasn't necessary. We had a wonderful stay there!

People with disabilities Older travelers
350Gail35...
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Cottage”
Reviewed 4 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Just returned from a very relaxing week at The Cowshed. The owners, Wendy and Andrew are lovely and met us on arrival to show us round. I was a little apprehensive before arrival as I am confined to a wheelchair and I knew the property was small but had very few issues with a standard sized manual chair. The access is flat and although a larger wheelchair may struggle to get right up to the bath there really were no other problems. There is everything you can possibly think of already supplied and the property was scrupulously clean. The yellow roses were a lovely surprise, especially as they are my favourite flower and the oat and cranberry crisp looked yummy, shame we couldn't try them for dietary reasons. We found the property with little problem and you can see the peaks in the distance through the other houses. The Beehive pub, about 50yds away does excellent food and we would also recommend the Pico Lounge in town. Ladybower, Snake Pass, Heights of Abraham and Manchester are all close by but you do need a car. Manchester tramway and cable cars at Heights of Abraham are both wheelchair accessible.
Only thing I would say is if you are not very tall the bed is rather high and the light in the courtyard does keep the bedroom quite light, we rapidly became use to it though.

Liked best: Cottage
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Paul B
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Beautiful ”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Can't fault this place at all other reviews have it spot on anything you think you might need is already there very thoughtful and helpful owners lovely chocolate brownies and tea sugar milk flowers on arrival.Only fault I can think is no WiFi but your having a break so do u really need it!!!..one tip make your way in via whitfield road as your sat nav sends you via crosse cliffe it's a very steep road as u might find out lol!!...overall 10/10

rthomas20...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage and very thoughtful owners”
Reviewed 21 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The owners were really thoughtful (walking guides left, cakes, milk and tea left on arrival, instructions as to how to start a fire) and the cottage was beautiful.

Travelling group: Friends
opuncjafi...
“Hidden little gem”
Reviewed 31 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I live in Manchester, my partner in London and we both have very demanding jobs. All we needed was a place where we can just relax, but we also wanted an easy access to the shops and Peak District. The location of The Cowshed was just spot on- on the edge of Glossop and within a walking distance to the town centre.

Booking
When I emailed Wendy and Andrew I received a very quick response, all my questions were answered and alternatives offered in an efficient and friendly manner.

Arrival
When I told Wendy & Andrew that I will be coming on the train, they offered to pick me up from the station. Unfortunately I have never taken them on their offer as according to the Google Maps it was supposed to be a 10-15 minutes’ walk. Oh well, I have never checked the street views, and did not expect to drag my suitcase up the hill! If you ever come with a heavy luggage and get a lift offer, just take it ! :-)
When I finally made it up the hill I met Wendy and Andrew, who showed me round the house and explained how everything works. When I asked where the nearest shop was as I wanted to buy a bottle of wine, Andrew went home and brought me one so I did not need to leave the house and could just put me feet up and enjoy the home made brownies from Wendy.

Cottage
There is absolutely everything you need. Comfy sofa (with cushions and blankets) facing the wood burner, a supply of wood, small TV and a selection of DVDs in the living room. In one of kitchen’s cupboards you can also find various games and cards.
Kitchen is beautifully equipped and furnished: dining table, small fridge freezer, oven, stove, microwave and toaster, slow cooker, cutlery (look out for the multipurpose knife:-)), all necessary plates, bowls, glasses and kitchen utensils. We can’t think of anything we needed and couldn’t find. Coffee, tea, sugar, flowers and 4 pints of milk have been provided by the owners on arrival. There is a subtle cow theme throughout the kitchen which we found really charming.
Bedroom is small but really cosy, bed very comfortable. There is small cabinet with books and maps; you can even find a sawing kit, hairdryer and an alarm clock – how thoughtful! There is not a lot of storage space, however absolutely sufficient if you are staying for 3-5 nights. I think it could be an issue if you are staying for a week or two (for those who are not travelling light).
There is a very big bathtub in the bathroom and clean and fresh towels.
Some cottage windows overlook the Peak District Hills. There is even a dedicated car park space and an outside table and chair where you can enjoy your morning coffee in the summer.
And may I just say I am a little crazy when it comes to cleanliness. Needless to say, I could not fault anything: surfaces, floor and kitchen utensils all perfectly clean.

Due to The Cowshed’s location, The Cowshed itself, Owners, cleanliness and all the small details we would highly recommend it to anyone. We will definitely be back.

Wendy & Andrew, thank you very much for your hospitality!

Monika & Arek

Your age range 25-34
Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing