All reviews birthday party pennine way wedding breakfast small hotel superb food christmas day sunday lunch peak district warm welcome following morning sole full english days walking bed was very comfortable lovely place stayed here for one night high peak
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Windy Harbour is very easy to find, with plenty of parking. The hosts were very helpful nothing was too much trouble. The room was very nice, with a comfortable bed, looking out onto the peaks, there were nice toiletries in the bathroom, along with tea & coffee making tray with some delicious biscuits. Windy Harbour is very near the road, so the morning commuter traffic was a bit noisy, but in the evenings it was fine. A Note, the stairs to the rooms are very steep so if you have a lot of luggage maybe think of taking it up one piece at the time. The weather was lovely so we were able to eat our great dinner in the well kept garden. The breakfast was very good, cereal, fruit, juice, toast, tea & coffee, along with cooked choices. We had the Green Eggs, avocado on toast with 2 poached eggs on top, superb.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MrsPT572
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is a great stop over inn, with hot food and very comfortable beds. The location is lovely, with views over the High Peak and beyond. The welcome was friendly and nothing was too much for the staff. The dinner was ok

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 15 June 2018

very small room, nothing like on the website,. next to a very noisy road.
didn't stay the night as too noisy. host only knocked £8 off our nightly rate.
would not visit again.
really spoilt out night away .
The name is very confusing. certainly not a farm just a pub at the side of the road.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on return from Stockport area to check if bar snacks were served. Despite being towards the end of a busy Bank Holiday day, we were served a promptly and by very helpful hosts/staff.
Although this is a caravan campsite etc recently started serving food to travellers passing by.
Although typical bar food menu, wide choice available.
Also good range of beers etc.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I was walking the Pennine Way and they fabulously collected me from the junction and drove me back to the hotel AND dropped me back there the next morning for no extra cost! I was soaking wet and there were enough radiators in the room for my clothes to dry but he took my boots and newspapered them dry which was fab too. The room was so comfy, lovely shower and tea facilities and a TV in the room. Food wise, for tea, although I’d missed the time cut off for the lighter snack menu the chef accommodated me and kindly did what I wanted. Fab dinner and breakfast the next morning too. Can’t complain about this place, amazingly accommodating!

Date of stay: May 2018