Open today: 10:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
Casino Heist online

I just completed Casino Heist online. Would thoroughly recommend. I played alone as I wanted to... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Karen C
Inglesbatch, United Kingdom
Online games well worth a try

Great when played in person in the past but the online detective room was also really good fun... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
SaraAL23

All reviews escape room great fun great escape well thought out brilliant room would highly recommend to anyone casino room can't wait to go back feel welcome friendly hosts thank you very much fantastic afternoon family and friends right direction puzzles rooms challenge
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2021

Excellent online escape room- Modern Detectives! The best one I have done. I would recommend this to anyone! :)

Date of experience: January 2021
CarolW3278, Owner at Lakes Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Thank you so much for playing our game and even more so for being willing to recommend us as word of mouth is the best form of advertising for us. Be sure to keep an eye on our Facebook page and website for more games coming soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2021

Fully online escape room experience, best online room I've done.

Very well thought out and challenging at the perfect times, really captured the essence of an escape room!

Date of experience: January 2021

Thank you Lewis, we really appreciate you coming to leave us a review and what more could we ask for? We are so pleased you enjoyed your game and even more so that’s it’s the best you’ve played, we aim to be above and beyond. We have more coming soon so make sure you keep an eye on our Facebook page and website.

Reviewed 24 January 2021

Did an online Christmas escape room with friends as one received it as a gift, thoroughly enjoyed!! Took a while to grasp the codes to type in but got it eventually!! Would recommend to everyone.

Date of experience: January 2021

Thank you for leaving us this review on your experience with us. I think I know exactly which team you are and Amie did message us asking how to use the codes. We immediately responded and reiterated the instructions that are displayed at the start of the game and I believe from this point you were able to continue with your game and enjoy it as Amie did message again to say how much you all enjoyed it and were looking forward to playing more games in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2021

I've done quite a few online escape rooms (both with and without live avatars) and Modern Detective has been one of my favourites. It's really easy to navigate and you can each control where you look in the room, rather than one person sharing a screen and everybody else telling them what to do. The puzzles are really varied and if you get stuck (which we did, a few times!), there are helpful hints. It took us an embarrassingly long time to escape (at least 2 & 1/2 hours) but it meant that £20 turned into an entire evening's entertainment. And while it took us ages to complete, there was never a time when where we were faced with a impossible to solve task; some rooms I've done has had puzzles so frustratingly complicated, that even with clues you still can't work them out. These puzzles were challenging but always enjoyable. At the time of writing this, the company only has two online games (we'll be doing the other one soon!), but I really hope they turn their other non-online escape rooms into online ones.

Date of experience: January 2021
CarolW3278, Owner at Lakes Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2021

Wow thank you Lorraine, we’re are so pleased you enjoyed your experience. Don’t be embarrassed about the time taken, as you say, it’s a full evenings entertainment but an online game is bound to take longer than the physical game as it takes a little while longer to move around and discover things. The great news is we are working hard behind the scenes to put our other games online too so keep an eye on our Facebook page for news of the launches. Thank you for supporting us and we hope you enjoy Saving Christmas just as much.

Reviewed 17 January 2021

The best online escape room we have done = took over 2 hours but enjoyed all of it. Very imaginative and clever puzzles.

Date of experience: January 2021
CarolW3278, Owner at Lakes Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Wow thank you. That’s quite a statement from you there. We’re really pleased you enjoyed our online game. Make sure you keep an eye on our website and Facebook page as we’ll have more online games soon.