“Wonderful breakfast”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Think I had the best full english breakfast I've ever had here. Good quality and plenty of it. Prices are modest too.

A place like this represents everything I love about a good cafe experience including excellent service and friendly clientele.

I've only been for breakfast to date but must try their lunches when I get chance.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had a lovely lunch at Poppies, I had the Melted Brie with Garlic, thick bread and salad which was gorgeous and a luxury hot chocolate which completely filled me for the entire day. The cafe has recently been redecorated and looks really lovely, the staff are friendly and polite. Unfortunately when I gave them my poppies loyalty card I found out they are no longer using it.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Another cafe we wanted to visit was closed, so we went into Poppies for the first time for a quick lunch.
The food and service were excellent, a pleasant surprise and we both wondered why we had never been in before. We will be visiting again, many times.

1  Thank Anthony Barnsle... S
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We hired Amy to provide a retro buffet for our annual get together at Eden Lodge. We were not disappointed. The food was delicious and everyone loved it. The price was great for what she provided and plenty of it, from sandwiches chicken, legs, vol-au-vents and home made cheese straws amazing.
Thank you so much Amy for making our retro 70s night such a success. x

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Went for brunch and really enjoyed the experience. Staff were friendly, food was great and price very reasonable, what more do you want? Only downside was it felt a bit cramped when full, but it’s full for a reason. Will definitely return if we are back in the area.