“Beautiful location”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A beautiful Inn with glorious views. The black pudding was superb and great service. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Its been nearly 45 years since I last visited the Inn! The view is still superb! Choice of food has also greatly improved over time. I'm gluten intollerant and I had plenty of choice. I will not wait so long before I visit again!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

What a find! We came in after a walk up Yarlside, the Calf and down via Cautley Spout. The reception area and welcome was brilliantly rustic with a cat sat in the armchair and a nice roaring fire.
We ordered and were taken to our table to eat in a conservatory with views straight up the valley to England’s longest above ground waterfall.
The food was proper rustic Northern food - (not nouvelle cuisine - a bonus!) and for someone who can’t drink alcohol, the drinks menu threw me as I actually was spoilt for choice.
It was busy so I can see why booking is recommended at peak times! We will definitely be coming back! Loved it!

3  Thank Fabian S
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Great home cooked food in this temperance inn you can bring your own wine
Great pies and sticky toffee pud for desert

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely spot with a wonderful view of the Dales from our table.
The lounge was very cozy.
Excellent steak and ale pie.