“Mrs”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
setdesign...
London, United Kingdom
“Extremely noisy and heating out of control.”
Reviewed 30 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

This is a beautiful looking cottage but don’t be fooled! We went to stay for a week over Christmas as near my sisters. The cottage was extremely cold and took 3 days to heat up. The underfloor heating did not relate to the thermostat and and once warm it was unbearably Hot. We all slept in our underwear despite the minus figures out side. What ever we did seemed to have no affect on a mind of its own heating system. The rooms upstairs also were in a temperature zone of their own again either freezing or boiling. A real nightmare with kids. The right hand bedroom with large window never warmed up we could feel a draft the whole time. My daughter was so cold in there that we all ended up in one bedroom. The other major no no for me was the noise from the strong winds outside and surrounding cottages. It felt like being on a boat in the Atlantic. You could here nieghbours on both sides and below the bedroom. I felt like we were on the road as we could hear the cars roar by. Sound proofing an oversight here I feel. The layout is a bit strange too the bin in the dining area and the fridge in the hall way. Was constantly opening doors trying to cook a Boxing Day meal. And carrying dripping teabags to the bin. The dishwasher was also broken so a lot of washing up. But to be honest Noise and heating ruined this week for us. Thank goodness I packed my earplugs cos boy do you need them at this place. We did approach the company we booked it through Sykes who were lovely but basically told us the landlord was not interested. It’s important to call these people out as at £700.00 a week this should have been a lot better. Off to get some sleep in my less noisy and warm (but not boiling) london abode.

Management Response
9 Jan 2018
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry you feel disappointed with your chosen property. I can see we have spoken with you directly, and the owner offered to attend the property to assist with the heating, which was declined. The owner is disappointed you did not enjoy your stay, as they have had consistently positive feedback previously.
Lisa S
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed 30 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Just returned from a 7 day holiday at this wonderful cottage . Lovely and clean and homely. The hot tub was great as was the bath tubs in the bedrooms, loved this feature. Central for most tourist hot spots in the lakes.

lynnhoey6...
Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Fantastic cottage”
Reviewed 13 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Thoroughly enjoyed our week in this cottage, finished to a very high standard . Hot tub amazing and the baths are superb . Highly recommend this cottage and will definitely be back .

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing