“Poor service”

Ship Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Milnthorpe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Ship Inn is located on the B5282 in between Milnthorpe and Arnside, with spectacular views over the Kent estuary. On clear days you can savour the views of the Lake District fells and valleys of the Langdales and Coniston Old Man from the Ship Inn.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I visited the Ship Inn on Saturday with my parents, children and dog. When we arrived a gentleman was very helpful putting tables together for us and saying the dog was welcome. Then he disappeared! We had to ask for menus to be told someone would bring them over, 5 minutes later they arrived. Nobody came to take our order after another 10 minutes so we went to the bar to be told someone would come to take our order. Another 5 minutes later a young girl came but said she could only take drinks orders, we only wanted water which did come quite quick. We had to ask again when our order could be taken and were told there would be a 45 minute wait. There were a few people dining but as I could see only 2 couples were waiting for food. Yet another 10 minutes passed and we decided to leave. They didn’t seem to want our customer and no apologies were ever made for the wait. We went to have fish and chips in Arnside that probably were a whole lot nicer than what we would have had there, although I will never find out a I most certainly won’t be returning to find out.

3  Thank traceybland202

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch with my parents on Saturday. It was really quiet, maybe only half a dozen people eating. My parents had recommended it. The food was simply awful. I had a curry, the naan bread was hard and rice lukewarm. The food was bad but what annoyed me the most was the service. After waiting an age to pay I got fed up and took my bill and credit card to the bar to pay. The 2 young waitresses were chatting amongst themselves - 1 texting on her mobile whilst the other was running lint remover over her clothes. Really poor impression and won’t be going again.

3  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Firstly before I write this review I must add that the food and service at the Ship until today has been superb.

Ok so my wife booked us a table for today which we as a family have really been looking forward to as always all week.

Today for me the service was not good enough, took 25 mins for our drinks to be served, 70 minutes for our main courses to be served and when asking for desert menus we sat there looking at them for 20 minutes enough was enough and we just upped paid and left without deserts.

Hoping this is just a blip because in the past I’ve always recommended highly to all our family and friends.

Think we will give it a miss for a while before eating here again.

1  Thank message576
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Needed some food whilst coming back on a trip from Barrow and remembered passing this place whist doing the cross bay walk in aid of Galloway's society for the blind. Welcome was friendly beer was excellent, I had the pie of the day which was home made and really good, my colleague had the gammon steak, both were excellent and beautiful view ato ss the bay on a nice evening.

1  Thank Ravenshore
Reviewed 27 May 2018

We were in the area for a week, staying within walking distance to The Ship. It proved to be a perfect place for us to have our evening meal, with good (very large) meals and a fair price.
My husband enjoyed the different beers they had on tap most nights and best of all they welcomed our dog.

2  Thank elainesteedman