“Just perfect!!!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Emma S
Preston
“Just perfect!!!”
Reviewed 3 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Stayed at one of the cottages for a weekend, as our friends were getting married locally.
We looked inside 3 of the cottages ( as other friends were staying in them also) and all of them were simply perfect!
They all had a king size 4 poster bed we're very clean, and extremely spacious.
The people who owned the cottages were so friendly and helpful.
Our room had wonderful views and was so relaxing.
A lovely little hamper basket was left in our cottage for when we arrived, such a lovely thing to do. Thank you!
We will definitely be returning to these beautiful cottages.

15 Dec 2015
Good afternoon
Thank you for your review following your stay at Scales Cottage, High Lorton. We are delighted that you found the cottage "simply perfect" and had a relaxing time. It is great to hear that you will definitely be returning and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kind regards
Dave S
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Beautiful holiday cottage.”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We shared the cottage as a family of 6 adults and two dogs. The cottage is fantastic as a family home and base. It's easy to get to Keswick and other areas. Plenty of room in the cottage, the small bedroom which is stated as only suitable for children will be ok for two adults as long as your friendly and adaptable!! The owners are really wonderful people and will help with any matters arising. I was able to leave my mirror dinghy and Canadian canoe in the parking area and we could still get 3 cars in. The trout lakes are worth a go and supper is quite easy to catch (you will have to pay for the fish). Can't fault this place as a family holiday venue but make sure you take some insect repellant as it will be needed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the friendliness of the owners
Liked least: Flying things which bite
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
19 Aug 2015
Good evening
Thank you for your review following your stay at Scales Cottage. We are delighted that you enjoyed this fantastic cottage and its location and we hope to welcome you again in the future.
Kind regards
greencall
sitting room
“Welcoming, Friendly, Picturesque, Well Situated”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

I hired the cottage to spend a week with our young children (5 & 9), my husband and his parents. We had such a lovely time.

My children were fascinated by the farm, the animals and the fishing lake and the farmers and their families couldn't have made us feel more welcome. They showed us around the milking parlour, answered a million questions and even protected the kids from the inevitable outcome when you stand below the wrong end of a cow!! All with good humour and lots of patience. My son developed an obsession with fishing which I was happy to encourage because the view from the fishing ponds is just lovely.

The cottage itself is very nice, clean, very well equipped and finished to a high standard. It really does have all the amenities of a home rather than a rental cottage.

It is ideally located for loads and loads of great days out with kids. We "Went Ape" at Grizedale, had a lovely walk around Buttermere, searched for the Gruffalo at Whinlatter, were gently educated in conservation at The Lake District Wildlife Park and surprised ourselves with how great the Pencil Museum is!

We finished nearly every day with a stroll down to the fishing ponds, half an hour catch with the best farm dogs ever and a happy evening around the kitchen table with a glass of wine and a bottle of whisky.

I'm so glad I chose Scales Cottage for our yearly visit back to England, I was not disappointed and would highly recommend it to other families

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Friendliness, Welcome, High Standard of Cottage, Beautiful Countryside
Liked least: Stupidly forgot wellies, which really are necessary on a working dairy farm
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
14 Aug 2014
Thank you for taking the time to inform Lakes Cottage Holidays of your feedback after your stay at Scales Cottage, High Lorton.

Thank you for recommending Scales Cottage to others!

Lakes Cottage Holidays are delighted to hear you had a lovely time at the cottage and found it to be well equipped and furnished to a good standard during your stay.

We are also pleased to learn you took advantage of the location of Scales Cottage and visited many local attractions.

Lakes Cottage Holidays hopes to welcome you back to Scales Cottage in the future.

Kind Regards,

chelliew
Rawcliffe, United Kingdom
“Out standing and will be returning”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

I would like to start by saying please ignore any negative comments surrounding this cottage .

We hired the cottage for a full week for four adults and three dogs. When we arrived we were met by the owner who warmly welcomed us and our bouncing dogs after a long drive to the lakes . When entering the cottage it was warm , spotlessly clean with plenty of space for all and furniture of a high standard which ensured comfort and rest.

On morning two like all city girls I got lost and found myself on the wrong path with dairy cows on the move. I was found by the farm owner who gave me a lift right back to the cottage to ensure myself and my dogs were not stampeded by the cows. Within my lift I was assured that it happened to many people and I was not made to feel stupid at all.

During our stay we cooked many meals within the kitchen after walking all day . The fridge and freezer was large which ensured we could stock up . The kitchen was well equipped with pots and pans of all sizes , plates bowls and all the cooking utensils you could possibly need or want (we even found a vegetable steamer and a meat grill ) . The kitchen had a fully working wood burner which was lovely to have burning whilst eating a meal around the kitchen table of an evening after a long day walking .

The bedrooms were light and airy and the beds were so comfortable , along with the peace and quite of the countryside and the lovely beds I have not slept so well in years .

The bathroom had a outstanding power shower and with four of us there , there was always hot water and the bath was deep to relax aching feet after a long day.

There has been many comments on here about dogs and rules . I feel that the rules were very fair and are the same you apply in your own home , dogs are not allowed to sit on the furniture or be in bedrooms . The dogs are allowed in any other part of the cottage . There is a great court yard with fencing all around which allowed all of our dogs to wonder freely in and out. The farmers working on the farm were very friendly towards the dogs always stopping to say hello and give them a quick pat.

I would say if you were looking to stay in the Lake District within a relaxing and friendly environment that's dog friendly than this is a place for you . We will be returning to this cottage and cannot wait to go back !!! Thank you to the farm owners for such an enjoyable stay .

18 May 2014

I will pass on your comments to the owner of Scales Cottage, I am sure they will be as pleased as we are to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay an in fact intend to return again in the future.
Dave F
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“fantastic,comfy cottage”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Traveled with friends six of us in total,weather was against us but did not spoil the hols.the cottage was warm well equipped cosy and big.fly fishing was enjoyable yes there was fish in the lakes ,the owners were friendly and helpful,third bedroom was small but comfy ,all in all very nice place to stay,would I return you bet.thanks for a good holiday i

Travelling group: Friends
8 Jan 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of Scales Cottage.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at this property and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Tel 017687 74060
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing