All reviews the pub modern accommodation sunday lunch country feel mobile phone signal lovely food cumberland sausage cooked to perfection owners and staff evening meal and breakfast lovely village comfortable bed stayed for two nights lovely room excellent stay two night stay full english
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely place, lovely people and gorgeous food. Slight problem with the hot water in the room but the hotel staff went out of their way to make up for it. Breakfast was made to order and beautiful (full English/poached eggs/bacon sandwich or whatever you fancy) would definitely return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I booked here for a 2 night stay, and it’s absolutely stunning! The rooms are modern just to our taste and very clean!! We had the superior king size room, bed was very comfy! Decent size TV(with signal!)
Supply’s of coffee/tea/hotchocolate if wanted. 2 bath robes, iron & iron board, hair dryer.. honestly can’t fault the place. Lovely bathroom, with a shower & bath! One of the best places we have stayed in while away!! So thank you very much!!

We also ate in the restaurant with is at the side of the rooms, the food is delicious! Worth every penny!! Recommend the rump steak & lamb chop (on the specials menu) cooked to perfection!! Also recommend the warm chocolate brownie for afters with ice cream! Such a treat!!

Staff was very welcoming! And absolutely lovely! Couldn’t fault them, or anything to be honest, maybe just the WiFi signal haha!!

Thank you very much again!! We loved every minute of our stay

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zarawash12
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We celebrated the Queens Birthday at The White mare, they had gone all out to ensure everyone had a great day. Early on there was horse racing in the bottom bar & a sweep stake, followed by football for all to watch. Outside there was great seating and service. Inside & in the dining room, the food was excellent good value for money, great service and lovely staff. The wine was reasonably priced.
Recommend, make sure you visit *****

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Dianne I, Owner at The White Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I have just spent four fantastic nights at the White Mare.
Well priced, good old fashioned hospitality. It has been an absolute pleasure.
The staff have offered some of the best service I have experienced in many years from check in to check out, their amazing and friendly chef, happy, helpful bar staff and thoughtful discrete cleaning staff, all delivered with a genuine smile.
The food is great, a good selection of well priced local dishes, I have to make mention of the vast Gin menu that certainly acted as a treat to me and my friends as we celebrated our 30 year reunion.
My room was spacious, clean, comfortable, I felt very relaxed in the warmth and safety of room 6.....
Thanks so much for a fantastic few days, I would recommend the White Made and will definitely return.

Room Tip: I loved my room #6
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Dianne I, Owner at The White Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely review and for recognising the hard work and great service provided by our staff team. We are very proud of them and its great for our team to get independent recognition of the fantastic work that they do.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Could not fault this place all round good value,great brekkie didn't eat in restraint but was very busy which is a good sign,bar well stocked and the room excellent with big bed and bathroom...overall very pleased....

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple