All reviews biscuits good size buffet style course meal comfy bed would stay again nice stay following morning plenty of parking saturday night good nights sleep wedding reception barrier zoe code party
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Got married here last Friday and we couldn't be happier. Negatives out the way first; drinks and restaurant are very pricey, if your not early for breakfast it's not very good, no room service and if your staying when there's another event on its not the quietest (we stayed an extra night after our wedding). But despite all of that and a hiccup created by an ex member of staff (that the hotel rectified) we were delighted with the effort and detail they went to. Evening meal was stunning! Rooms are nice and comfortable. But my biggest compliment is for their staff. Brilliant service, very friendly and can't do enough for you. If you stay here and have any issues, go and see them they will sort it for you. If your thinking of getting married here I would strongly recommend.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
KatieAliceJones, Assistant Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Good Afternoon Graeme M,

I am so pleased to hear that you had a great day! Honestly, it was a pleasure to be part of it. Thank you for your lovely comments towards our staff. I will certainly be letting them all know.

It is excellent to hear that the minor hiccup you experienced was quickly rectified and that your special day was not affected at all.

May I apologise that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is something that we are working on. However, I can confirm that room service is available for breakfast.

Once again, I am glad that you had an amazing wedding day and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Pleasant surroundings and restaurant let down by a few issues. Basic menu that is a little overpriced. Meal well cooked although not all items on the menu were available. Mushroom starter replaced with a mushroom brochetta or mushrooms in sauce. Steak was cooked as requested. Omitted onion rings which came later on separate side dish. Sweet menu we asked for ice cream with no vanilla available. Coffee machine not working.
Staff very friendly and was not rushed.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon gordonparkinson1952,

Thank you for staying with us here at The Everglades Park Hotel.

I am sorry you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay, although I have to disagree with you when you say our menu is basic. Our A La Carte menu is a full A3 page with a choice of 8 starters, 11 main courses & 6 desserts.

Our coffee machine is now up and running and all food items from our menu are now available. May I apologise if this was not the case on the evening of your stay.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff members. I will pass the message onto the team.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

My Daughter had her wedding reception on saturday 22/9/18. As I live local I can't comment on the rooms, a lot of the guests did stay and generally everyone was happy, little problem with a double booking , but was resolved .we booked the wedding 18 months ago and from then until Saturday, I can't fault the service we recieved. They dealt with any request we made.The staff ( especially the young bar staff ) were extremely helpful and very efficient. The whole day went great, the meal was excellent, one of the best I,'ve had a wedding.The downstairs room and the lounge were perfect.The only negative would be, the drink prices are bit expensive and they need a smoking shelter instead of the entrance, but overall the day went great

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
KatieAliceJones, Assistant Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear ajlmarquees

I am so pleased both your daughter, her new husband and all the family had not only a fantastic wedding day but experienced excellent service leading up to the big day itself too. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to the whole team.

I am glad that the minor booking error was dealt with swiftly and we will definitely take on board your comments with regards to the smoking shelter as we are always looking to make improvements to what we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Ate here last night with friends who were staying there, lovely warm cosy decor, staff friendly, small menu, we ordered sliced chicken breast with grated cheese over the top, it came with a salad! That was it! We were given a totally different menu to the one online? Not very impressed sadly.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
KatieAliceJones, Assistant Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Good Evening Lynn C,

Thank you for your review. All feedback is helpful to us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel including the cosy décor and helpful staff. We are extremely proud of our staff and the way they help our guests so willingly.

It is displeasing to hear that you were disappointed with the parmesan chicken dish you ordered from the specials menu however all food comes exactly as it states on the menu.

I am struggling to find a copy of our menu online so I am unsure of where you have seen this. Our A La Carte menu changes seasonally and the specials menu changes daily so it's always worth checking the boards in reception for an updated copy.

Hope this has helped some.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel was clean, food was good. Avoid rooms in 215 onwards as WiFi (literally) non-existent. Either we stayed with 10's of loud, disruptive and generally unpleasant guests or the walls in the rooms are paper thin as constant chattering, clanging of plates and coutlery and abhorrently loud sex meant a good night sleep was impossible. Rooms were decent and the included breakfast was basic but tasty but that's about as far as the good news goes. Would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy B
KatieAliceJones, Assistant Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Good Evening Andy B,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Everglades Park Hotel.

I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean and our food to be of a high standard. I will pass your comments on to both our housekeeping team and the kitchen.

With regards to the issues with the WiFi, we are aware there is a problem and we have in fact got our IT technician coming out tomorrow to have a look. As with anything (either at home or in our hotel), occasionally things do break down. Whilst it is unfortunate that you happened to be staying when the WiFi was down, I am sure you can appreciate that we are doing everything we can to get it up and running again as soon as possible.

As for the noises coming from the other bedrooms, our night porters carry out regular corridor checks (every 45 minutes) to ensure that the bedrooms are quiet enough for guests to sleep in. Had you reported the couple adjacent to you, I am sure that they would have been asked to reduce the volume.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast. Again, I will let our kitchen team know.

It shocks me that you would not recommend our hotel, considering the only real problems were that the WiFi was down (which will be fixed as of tomorrow), and that you were situated next to a loud couple, (a problem that can easily be rectified upon reporting).

Hopefully you will change your mind, we hope to see you again in the future.