“No longer worth the money”

The Jolly Roger Fish Bar
Ranked #11 of 18 Quick Bites in Northwich
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Used to really enjoy the food from here. It was consistent and huge portions. Now I agree with a previous reviewer who said it has massively gone downhill. It was inconsistent for a while but now sadly appears consistently awful. Visited today and it was inedible and they have been thrown away. Chips were limp, soaked in oil and some barely cooked. Which is ironic when others taste like they have been reheated numerous times. Annoying at any time but particularly during lockdown where getting anything else to replace it is far more difficult and having food cooked by someone else is one of the only treats we can all have at the moment. Will not bother trying again and resent wasting the money we have just spent.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fancied something after work, and the hotel I’m staying at isn’t offering food (cheers COVID), so I went out to find something. Walked in to this friendly chippy, was warmly greeted, and even had a shop-wide sing song while I was deciding what to order! What a way to turn around an otherwise miserable Tuesday evening in January! Lovely fish, good chips, and service with a smile! I’ll be back!

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank samjjh
Reviewed 1 January 2021

Really gone down hill, fish was soggy and lacked flavour, chips tasted like they’d been out all day and constantly reheated. Chicken nuggets lacked flavour and all food was cold. Really disappointed, this used to be the best chippy around, we won’t be visiting again. A total waste of money.

Reviewed 7 December 2020 via mobile

We ordered a delivery and most of the order was wrong. So we rang up explaining the order was wrong and the woman on the phone was extremely rude. So my cousin took all the drinks and food back. Which when he got there the woman was still rude but they replaced.the order but we thought we ordered fish and chips so I rang up and explained but this other woman which claimed to be a manager answered and was even more extremely rude and but she asked for my address which I gave to her and she said her delivery driver finished at 9 so I said could she find someone to deliver it so she then put the phone down so I assumed she was getting someone to bring the fish and chips. So I left it for half an hour and then rang back up and she explained that I didn’t actually order the chips.
Which we relooked at the receipt then realised that we didn’t order them so then I tried to ask if we could have the chips because the order was messed up and we had to bring it back. But she was just extremely rude! And then she thought she put the phone down but she hadn’t. She started slagging me off to her co workers! And she said ‘keeping the phone in my pocket because the stupid bitch will try ring back again’ and they were continuing to say horrible things!
Not being funny but what happened to customer service!
Yes I got the chips wrong but the way this was handled was disgusting!
Would not recommend!
Minus one if I could!

1  Thank Sophie780987
Reviewed 7 December 2020

Ordered on just eat for delivery. Order came and drinks were wrong so rang up and the lady on the phone was very rude. We drove to the shop to sort it out. Got back home and order was still wrong so rang up and they hung the phone up 3 times. Very bad customer service