All reviews steak bar and restaurant belly pork sunday carvery well worth a try good selection of ales birthday meal mash whitebait housing estate asked for a quiet room hidden gem would stay again single room biscuits cooked to perfection portion sizes
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Monday nights are not usually the best nights at any restaurant, but having returned my granddaughter home after two very full days we were in need of some 'tlc'. The Elm Tree is near to home and we've had good food there on previous visits. Would a Monday evening be as good? No need to worry. As usual, we were greeted by polite and friendly staff and seated in the restaurant straight away. Drinks were brought to us and we ordered our food. There were several occupied tables and we were looked after very well indeed. The dishes we had chosen were both absolutely delicious. Cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. We will definitely be making the Elm Tree a regular visit in future.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Lovely three course meal with attentive waitress . A bit pricey for every day but well worth it for a special occasion . Couldn't find fault with any of the food , well presented and hot and tasty . Nice restaurant layout not too cramped and spotlessly clean .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Visiting a relative in the local area this was our third stay at the Elm tree. The bar area is nicely decorated, quirky and well laid out. The rooms are clean and comfortable, we had a nice view over the fields at the rear, there is a decking area for guests only use. We enjoyed a lovely home cooked dinner in the restaurant, there is a lot of choice on the menu, I know! I should try different things but for the second time I chose calves liver, very tasty, my partner tried a chicken dish, the only observation was that it could have been served with 'gravy' (jus) but he's a gravy lover. There is a good and reasonably priced wine list, Chablis for only £15, bargain! The staff are very attentive and polite. Breakfast is charged as extra, but well worth a try. This little gem is a credit to the owners.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear overlook the fields
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Absolute joke , turned up to check in after a 12.5hr day , the two dummies behind the bar started to check me in then just left me stood there ignoring me serving customers with drinks ..
Even the customers said how poor I had been treated , 20 mins and nothing not even eye contact, even tho I had filled out the booking form and chose my evening meal as the cut off point was 9 o’clock..
Very poor , had to find another hotel , that actually looked after me , avoid this place at all costs

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Nilesh m, Manager at The Elm Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sending us your feedback and would also like to apologize on behalf of our staff members who failed to satisfy your needs and eventually cost us terrible review .

Last night we had two new staff members and their miscommunication with each other left you waiting to check in . As a company procedure we will investigate the matter and take further actions . I am sure if you would have asked to speak to our duty manager we would have resolve the issue in the house..

All I can say is we have very high standards of customer service which you can see from previous reviews but we let you down yesterday

I hope you will accept my apology and give us another chance to prove we are not very poor in customer service

Thank you again for sending us quick feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards
N.Misquitta
Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Second time staying here whilst my husband is on business on this side of the country. Staff are attentive, friendly and efficient. Food is incredible. It is hidden off the beaten track but this is an amazing find! Rooms comfortable, warm and clean. Can't wait to come back!!! Bar closed slightly earlier than we would have liked for a Saturday night at 10.30pm but overall amazing!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple