“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My first experience of a Frankie and Benny’s. I was reluctant as I had received mixed reviews from friends but others in my group today wanted to go in.
Bank Holiday Monday lunch time.
Drinks waitress pleasant and efficient. Drinks arrived in a reasonable time. We ordered our food and waited and waited and waited. It wasn’t at all busy in there - I would say a third full. After 50 minutes and finishing our alcoholic drinks on empty stomach I was about to get up and ask about our food when the young Male waiter came over and served our food. My pizza was warm not hot. I addressed him and asked why it had taken so long and he totally ignored me. He didn’t look at me but he walked off to get the remainder of our order.
I wasn’t impressed so I spoke louder and more assertively the second time - again I was ignored so I asked rather loudly e cause me why was our food so late? With no apologies! He muttered sorry without meaning it and said we’re short of staff.
They gave us a 10% discount for the inconvenience, thank you. However I will not return. Plenty of other restaurants to choose from. Just an average run of the mill chain restaurant with average food.
Not fresh either. My mums salad was wilted and looked awful.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Perhaps a short and to the point review will definitely suffice. I cant really fault the food (apart from the fact that they had no onion rings.... Stock control?)
The girl who served us was very pleasant. We ordered our food and drinks together. Surely there is an assumption that drinks will appear very soon after ordering and we'll before food? Clearly not here. We were waiting about 25 minute for our drinks, which arrived literally 2 minutes before our food. Not good.
Having now got home, I have spoken to my daughter who had been there with friends earlier the same day (Sunday 25th Feb) and their drinks arrived after their food, once they chased them up. Their food order was incidentally wrong. It wasn't as if they were rushed of their feet when we went and not much busier when our daughter was there. Disappointing.

1  Thank paultheposh
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Went there for breakfast as a family. Service was incredibly slow! Eventually we were asked what we would like. Food was good when it arrived, but the cups for tea and coffee were disgusting. They were dirty.

There was a birthday party there as well which put even more pressure on the few staff that were there, it was clear that they were running it on as few staff as possible, and as such the service was well below standard.

We asked for additional teas and coffees as part of the unlimited deal, they never materialised. Took a while to pay as well despite telling them we were in a rush.

Frankie & Bennies used to be a great place to go for a meal, now the service has dropped to a very low standard. Not impressed

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We visited this branch of F and B a few days ago before our cinema visit, the food was really nice and the staff were so friendly and helpful, I think our waitress was called Demi, what a star she was! Very attentive and nothing was to much trouble, it really does make such a difference when you have service like this, we will be back for sure!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

We visit this restaurant regularly and always find the service and food very good. The waitresses are friendly and happy to help. There is one called Chelsea who is a little star and is always smiling and friendly, she is an asset to the restaurant.