“Downright rude and inhospitable!”
Review of Hong Kong

Hong Kong
Ranked #55 of 95 Restaurants in St Neots
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I'm not one for writing reviews either one way or the other, but feel compelled to do so on this occasion...Firstly let me say i am local and have used this restaurant for some 40 years through varying ownership. i have to say in fairness the quality of the food is pretty good although the pricing has increased and the portions diminished (more on that shortly). However on Saturday myself my wife and my son and his partner decided we'd have a well earned night out...we chose the buffet as we have before on numerous occasions for birthdays etc and often in a party of up to ten people.
We chose our dishes and waited on our food, i won't go into detail but to give you an idea one of the chosen dishes was sweet and sour pork balls..5 pork balls between 4 people arrived along with he other pretty miserly rations that was to be our ''all you can eat meal''. At the end is where the real fun began as a very rude arrogant lady i assume to be the owner/manager collected the dishes from our table. on noticing 5 or 6 minute shreds of chicken left over in a small amount of chicken fried rice she decided for what ever reason to question my future daughter in law as to why she had left them in an obvious very angry and stern tone, i was cross but let it go until she reached across the table to collect more dishes and said ''in future (she must be joking!!!) i suggest you choose plain egg fried rice if your going to waste it or ask a member of staff to suggest a dish more suited to your needs. At this point i decided to tell her she was being extremely rude and instead of the apology i'd expected my now mortified and embarrassed future daughter in law deserved, she proceeded to lecture me on it effecting her profits although she oddly acknowledged my family were regular customers.
The portions are considerably smaller in the buffet and you are made to feel like a cheapskate even though it is the most expensive offering on the menu, onion plays a huge part in bulking up the meagre dishes and i do not consider the £132 bill for 4 people inc drinks (4 of which were cokes) cheapskate by any stretch of my imagination...oh and beware the hidden service charge of £11.60 which i declined to pay which made the bill £121.40 for 4 people.
so to summarise a dreadful dining experience and the goodwill of a long time family customer lost forever.
If you enjoy Gordon Ramsey restaurants from hell maybe this is for you if not then i strongly advise you go elsewhere.
A last word for the lady concerned for her profits..i would be extremely amazed if your profits from our party did not exceed 75/80% on our meal and you need to ask yourself who indeed needs to be treated as greedy you are a very rude lady!

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I walked into this restaurant with zeal and impetus from a great summers afternoon. Walking out this place , I sank to the deep depths of the ocean; I swore I just seen Davey Jones locker on the sea bed. The service is comparable to that seen at a prisoner of war camp, or something endured by Fitzroy Mclaine in eastern approaches galavanting across the Gobi desert. Additionally, the draconian post world war rationing of potions and questioning your intellect and the ability to order adequate food to service your carnivorous appetite. After guilting them into providing my final dish, the only saving grace was that the food was actually ok. A great place for onion lovers ! Wow , will never come back, maybe stick to custard creams.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Table nicely set out and also a card from very friendly staff, service and food second to none, brilliant evening,

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We could not select from the main courses and wanted to try more so we chose the buffet. A good choice as you could taste a bit and order more of you wanted.

Everything was tasteful and not greasy.

For sure a recommendation.

1  Thank Undutchable30
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Had a meal here on Friday with my husband and 4 year old daughter they asked to measure her and said she was under 1.2 metres apparently if she was slightly taller they would have to charge her an adult price (any child that is over 1.2 metres doesn’t recieve a child price )

When we ordered our mains from Buffett menu I asked them to bring 2 of the dishes out on small plates as my daughter wouldn’t eat a full size dish the waitress said that’s fine

When it came it was large size but decided not to argue it , when we finished another waitress (I think she may have been the manager ) asked if we had finished to which we agreed she then started being very rude and abrupt stating the 2 dishes I had ordered from my daughter hadn’t been finished I then said that I asked for these to be smaller she said she would have to charge me extra so I asked how much she was going to over charge me buy to which she couldn’t tell me she was quite loud and could tell other diners could hear her confronting us , she then told me she wouldn’t charge me extra this time but would next time we visit

Would never dine there again rude and bad customer service

2  Thank 57rbrass