All reviews afternoon tea berry's restaurant wedding breakfast tulip tree wedding co ordinator wedding venue lovely grounds junior suite scones relaxing stay white company this lovely hotel cream tea country house no lift waiting staff following morning
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We love this place from the first time we stay there 3 years ago and choose this place for our wedding was our best decision.
Great service and great food.
Thank you to all the staff and particolary to Rebecca for the great support

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
SimonpHarding, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and choosing Taplow House as your Wedding venue.

Thank you sincerely for your positive comments in relation to your experiences during your time with us. I have shared your feedback with the team especially Rebecca ,all of whom have asked to be associated with my thanks for your comments.

I was delighted to read you kind feedback about our team. Hotels, no matter how impressive the bricks and mortar might be, are made unique and special by the team; to me it’s about the way we make you feel when you stay with us. It is hugely motivational for the team to be recognised in such a positive manner.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Booked through Secret Escapes,two night stay with three course evening meal,one afternoon tea plus one free
glass of bubbly,and choice of breakfast.Excellent value, great location for touring.Room on first floor with adjoining
bathroom,bed very comfortable with crisp white sheets and comfy pillows,room clean with bottled water which was topped up daily along with towels soaps etc.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return in the new year.
Rate this hotel as excellent.

Stayed: October 2018
SimonpHarding, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind words and for taking the time to write such a positive review of your recent visit. At Taplow House we are very proud of the high standards of service that we provide, ensuring each individual guest has the most memorable and special experience.

I was so thrilled to read that the service,as well as well as all other aspects of your stay exceeded your expectations.I will have great delight in passing on your feedback to my colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another Taplow experience very soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely venue for wedding, my room was spacious and well equipped with tea / coffee / iron etc. Meal in the restaurant and breakfast was lovely.
Only downside was staff / confusion, when I checked in I explained I was staying two nights, Friday and the night for the wedding on the Saturday, I asked if I was in the same room both nights or would I have to change for the wedding party. I was informed I was in the same room two nights. I also asked if I could borrow an iPhone charger if possible so I could contact my friend (who I was meeting for dinner) as I had left my charger on the train on the way there. The lady on reception said she would check if there was one I could use and she would let me know, then never saw her again.

On the Saturday morning I I had a phone call from reception to ask my why I had not checked out and I explained I was booked in that night for a wedding.

An hour later whilst I was getting ready someone began knocking at my door and a lady asked me again why I was still in my room I explained again I was checked in for two nights and already explained this twice. Then my key card stopped working and had to go to get it reprogrammed.

Was a little unorganised / annoying and hopefully my feedback can ensure similar things do not happen in the future.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank KimLeeds

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us especially our venue and food offering.

I have also noted your points regarding the confusion over your booking and poor communication between the departments and I'll be sure to share both your positive and constructive comments with the relevant managers from the team here and please accept my own personal apologies for this shortfall.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to Taplow on another trip in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on Saturday 20th October. Lovely swift check in. We had a classic room, we thought it was lovely, the chocolates left in the room were delicious and a lovely little touch. We had a three course dinner in the restaurant. The food was delicious. Only minor criticism was maybe you could play some dinner music in the restaurant as it was a bit awkward until more people had arrived. Breakfast in the morning was delicious too! Fab stay all round and would highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
SimonpHarding, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such a fantastic 5 star review regarding your recent trip.I am pleased to read that you enjoyed many aspects of the Hotel. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of our team. We all look forward to welcoming you will be back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend unaware that a wedding fare had been arranged. This event impacted on some of the amenities and the service provided. The hotel also needs decoration. Our breakfast on the Sunday was a bit hit and miss. At times insufficient food available for guests who had to ask staff to replenish items. Furthermore tables weren’t cleared promptly.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A4980IRdavidm

Dear Guest,

T hank you for reviewing your recent stay at Taplow House. We are naturally disappointed to see that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations. We take great pride in providing a great experience in all areas of our operation and it is most concerning that you did not find this to be the case. Your feedback is most appreciated and I would like to discuss this further with you, if you could kindly contact me directly. I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, so we can provide you with the exceptional experience that our guests have come to expect from us.

I'll be sure to share both your comments with the relevant managers from our team here.

My contact details are 01628 594 973 or gm@taplowhouse.com I look forward to hearing from you.