Lowest prices for your stay
US$144
Free cancellation until 21/08/06
PricelineUS$144
Hotels.comUS$144
ZenHotels.comUS$145
All reviews afternoon tea the main house grounds are lovely course dinner standard room red lion sandwiches wine list beautiful room bar area weekend break wedding venue alexandra champagne sinks windsor
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

I hate to leave such a poor review, but feel I have no choice as it was truly awful. I booked a lunch as a 40th birthday, on a Tuesday in half term. It wasn’t busy.
1) Arrived at 12:30 and by 1:15pm we still hadn’t received any drinks.
2) they had run out of vodka and Prosecco completely
3) The tomato salad ordered didn’t have the cheese needed (the main problem here was how long it took between ordering and finding this out, which was approximately half an hour - when we thought our food was arriving.
4) Asked to speak to the manager several time’s who was no-where to be seen
5) our dog needed water and no one bought him any over - it was a very hot day.
6) No one cleared our plates or asked us if we wanted dessert at all.
7) desserts finally ordered but took so long to arrive (we were told the creme brûlée would take an hour, so obviously didn’t order that!) that we didn’t even want them. Our main course was STILL on the table at this point.
7) Ben and Jerry’s Ice cream we ordered was vegan when we asked for dairy.
8) finally the bill... this took so long to get that we almost left as had asked so many times.

It was truly awful from start to finish. I know that hospitality has had a terrible time lately and feel sorry for them, but I could have forgiven all of this if they had been friendlier and done all they could to help us enjoy our experience. As it happens, we were there until 4pm, barely with anything to drink and waiting and waiting for someone to serve us. So disappointing. Would never ever go back. Such a shame as the actual place is a lovely setting on a summers day.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Terry McEvoy, Other at Stoke Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Dear Ghillier80
We are saddened to see you did not have a great experience with us on your last visit. I was pleased to hear that the duty manager did speak to you before leaving, it is such a shame as we usually receive such great feedback. I have shared your review with the team to see and action. Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

I was put in an old room with tatty old furniture at the back of the hotel next to the restaurant.
The TV didn’t work so I couldn’t even drown out the noise of the people eating outside.
I asked to move rooms but was told none were available and no one even came to the room to try and get the tv working.
Old bathroom fittings were held together with tons of silicone. Not at all attractive or what you would expect from a 4 star hotel! Awful shower where 3/4 of the water runs along the back wall and shower screen so you have to lean on the back wall to get a decent amount of water on you!
Very poor indeed.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear LEL2612
Thank you for reviewing Stoke Place, I was saddened to see you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the team to see and action. Once again thank you for taking the time to review Stoke Place.

Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

Absolutely stunning venue. Stayed in queen ann room which is a jr suite. Previously stayed and come back because it was so good. Great service and extremely friendly. Stayed last summer so walked around the stunning grounds. Bit wet this time. Only criticisms if being a bit snooty was that the tap in bathroom was missing a handle and there are some water stains on the bathroom walls. And the taps could do with some limescale removal. But other than that. Great stay. Great venue. Great staff

Thanks

Room tip: Check is any wedding on during stay! Book in advance if you want a jr suite etc. No spa on site
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear cab1234
Thank you for reviewing Stoke Place. I have passed on your feedback to the team to see. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave a review and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

The hotel is more like a British palace with enormous greenery areas, dogs green training area, lake with fabulous ducks and geese and large spaces for mind clearance and refreshment. The food was nice based on my half-board experience yet the dinner set menu must be extended to have more options. However, my stay in the garden view room wasn’t that pleasant. The room itself seemed old with an A/C that sounds more like unloaded truck in your room either you keep warm or sleep!!The TV kept disconnecting during the FA final cup match and the WiFi wasn’t stable!! Yet, I still believe rooms on the other side with more expensive might be a better option…..

Room tip: Choose the right room and complain on time if needed
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Terry McEvoy, Other at Stoke Place, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2021

Dear Y547GVahmeds
Thank you for reviewing Stoke Place, and your kind words. We were saddened to see you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay. I have noted the points raised and passed on to maintenance to investigate. Once again thank you for reviewing Stoke Place and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2021

I had afternoon with the family on 13 May and had a truly amazing experience. The afternoon was fresh and delicious, and the service is immaculate. All the staff working today were incredible and accommodating, in particular, Arbuz. His service was impeccable and he went above and beyond in order to make our day extra special. He needs to be recognised as employee of the month! He’s extremely polite and professional. Thank you so much Arbus and all the other staff working on that day. There was also a lovely gentlemen who initially served us and I’m so sorry but I forgot his name! He took us to our seats and was exceptional!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear sarahaY1277OP
Thank you for sharing your afternoon tea experience with us. I have passed on your review to the team member to see, he was thrilled with the feedback. We do hope to see you again in the future and once more thank you for the lovely review.
Kind regards