6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$140
View deal
Hotels.comUS$140
PricelineUS$140
eDreamsUS$140
Trip.comUS$140
FindHotelUS$140
getaroom.comUS$154
All reviews the club lounge complimentary mini bar gerrards cross two double beds steam room relaxation room robes and slippers spa facilities lovely hotel great facilities changing rooms afternoon tea hotel restaurant fantastic stay following morning one night stay sandwiches
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

I don’t have too much to complain about this time as we always have a good time when we visit the CP Gerrards Cross. There’s new management and some new staff. Luckily some of the old faces were still there. We had a Quick and easy check in, I had 2 separate bookings which they put together so we could stay in the same room, only inconvenience was I had to get the keys redone for the second booking and then one of the keys stopped working so I had to get redone again. Otherwise we were in a King suite which has the separate bedroom and living area. I thought the layout was a little weird and there was a dip in the floor from the living room to the bedroom, which I slipped on a couple times before I remembered to avoid it. No nice views from the windows but appreciated the fact that the windows open so we could get fresh air. I felt the room was clean but very dusty and the furniture looked a little tired and could have done with a deep clean. There was a chip on the bath and mould in the shower which I was surprised to see, considering the standard is usually high. The Bathroom could have done with a few more hooks to hang things/towels on. The fridge was dirty and not fully stocked but once I called housekeeping they came with the extra items straight away which was much appreciated. I also had to call housekeeping for more towels, another robe and room slippers and the all important “sleep spray”, which again they kindly bought up straight away. Loads of lighting and the room has separate dining table with chairs which is great for room service dining. With the king suit comes club lounge access. We only used it once because when we went there it was very full and they no longer serve Prosecco. The food wasn’t great and they didn’t have any cakes/sweets or wasabi nuts. Again, the club room could have done with a deep clean on the furniture. Same for the juice bar and 1269 restaurant. You could see the staff cleaning the tables as usual but they seem to have forgot about cleaning the floor and chairs. We wasn’t completely happy that the food menu has changed, we really missed the old menu with the grilled Salmon, jerk chicken burger and sticky toffee pudding, however we was still able to find other items on the menu that was ok. I definitely recommend the afternoon tea; this was the best afternoon tea menu I’ve ever had here, the service was amazing and the staff was very attentive and made the occasion memorable. Buffet Breakfast was mediocre on the first morning and due to the current restrictions it’s not self service anymore but you are served. So we had room service breakfast the next morning which was much better because it was warmer and fresher. We used the spa and the wet facilities which was nice because it wasn’t crowded. I still think they could do with a small enclosed outdoor area off the pool with a few loungers/seats, which would just add that extra luxury to the leisure facilities. We had a mini pedicure which we were both very pleased with and the massages were also very relaxing. We didn’t use the bar or the secret garden restaurant so can’t comment.

Overall this hotel tries to accommodate to make your stay enjoyable which they have done every time we have stayed. This is probably one of the main reasons we drive an hour and a half to this particular hotel, as well as all the lovely staff and great facilities. Main criticism would be that the hotel could do with a deep clean of the furnishings and floors rather than just the regular general clean. I’ll be back in September so hopefully will see some improvements.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shelley-bel
Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

Absolutely disgusted! Booked a 2 night getaway to celebrate my birthday in a "Deluxe King Room" upon arrival I was told that my payment had not been received even though I had proof on my banking app that it had, I then got told I would need to put down a further £100 incase I require anything else (this would be returned when leaving if nothing extra has been charged) but nothing was stated about it whilst booking at all. We finally arrived in our room which supposedly came with a coffee machine (it did not) ipod Dock ( again nothing to be found) and a complimentary mini bar ( well I've never known a mini bar to consist of a can of coke and a kit kat) on closer inspection we saw that the room was coated in dust, had splashed of God knows what up the the draws and dirty hand prints all over! Complained to a man at reception who really could not have cared less and just said " ill pass it on to housekeeping" no apologies at all!! Not happy at all considering the price

Room tip: Avoid this place
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jade2119
Sheldon Rebelo, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2021

Dear Jade2119,

Thank you for taking the time in providing your valuable feedback.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. I understand that the check in experience was not quite pleasant. I also understand that the room was not up to your standard. However I am glad a member of our staff changed your room. Please not this not our regular standard. We strive in excellent customer service. It is quite unfortune and disappointing to know that you had to go through this experience.

Please be rest assured we have passed your feedback on to our management team to investigate into this and to bring about necessary changes. It is feedbacks like these that helps us constantly improve our service.
Once again thank you for your feedback.
We hope you will give us another chance to prove to you that this unsatisfactory stay was just an exception.
We hope to Welcome you soon to Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross.

Kind Regards,

Sheldon Rebelo
Front of House Supervisor
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross

Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

I’ve just spent 3 days here and overall it’s a nice hotel and good location for work. The parking is good and the staff very nice. My room was clean although the bed very uncomfortable and soft which really hasn’t helped my back. Good fish and chips and chicken kebabs!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 23-djc
Reviewed 9 July 2021

Does anyone actually answer the phone? I have been on hold several times for up to 40 minutes trying to get through to the spa reception to finalise details for a booking next week. In desperation then call front desk, only to give my details with the promise of a call back, that never happens. I also emailed over 2 days ago, on the back of my booking and no response to that either

1  Thank 37gayleb
Sheldon Rebelo, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2021

Dear Gayle B,

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please be advised we receive a high volumes of calls. However I will pass this feedback on to our Management team so we can avoid this in the future. Alternatively you can also give us a call on 01753 277931.

Once again thank you for taking the time in providing your valuable feed. We hope to welcome you soon to Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross.

Kind Regards,

Sheldon Rebelo
Front of House Supervisor
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross

Reviewed 7 July 2021 via mobile

Overall, a very good stay. My partner and I stayed here for a night, there were some issues however, all made better quickly. For instance, a missing meal at lunch was sorted with a discount without prompt, and a broken item in the room repaired within an hour. The positives; the food and service was some of the best around. The staff were all incredibly friendly and went out their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. The bed was comfy, and the room was nice. The hotel itself was very clean and smart. Breakfast was also nice, and again, staff were friendly. Check in and check out were both done without issues, quickly and the lady was very friendly. The main negative really, was the spa. The spa itself was nice although maybe a tad busy but that is understandable. The male changing rooms however, were not nice, as in, everything was soaking and towels everywhere and there was a smell. I can imagine this is hard to keep on top of maybe? but all in all a very nice stay, would recommend this.

Room tip: Avoid the pool if it is busy
Date of stay: June 2021