Lowest prices for your stay
US$143
US$138
Hotels.comUS$143
eDreamsUS$143
HurbUS$149
All reviews the club lounge complimentary mini bar gerrards cross two double beds steam room relaxation room robes and slippers spa facilities lovely hotel great facilities changing rooms afternoon tea hotel restaurant fantastic stay following morning one night stay sandwiches
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021

I stayed at the hotel over the bank holiday weekend. I should have known when they still had rooms avail there was a reason! I'll start off with some positives:
The hotel is clean and has nice amenities. Our room was clean and bed comfy. Staff is very kind and some can be very attentive.

We arrived at the hotel early. I know rooms are not always avail early but sometimes you get lucky. A room was avail... if we wanted to pay £10 an HOUR for it!! In my over 30 years of staying at hotels I've never heard of this policy so automatically I was turned off. Then he didn't offer to ... take our bags, give us options of what we can do... nothing. he stared at me like "why are you still standing there" So we went to have a drink in the bar. We had a 1pm reservation at Secret Garden so that was fine.

Until we got there and there was a private event at Secret Garden! They didn't turn off their reservations on Open Table. Or they did and there was a glitch in the system? I don't know but once you see a reservation pop up you call that person and tell them. Anyway... we had lunch on the terrace which was nice. They did apologize to us numerous times. You'd assume you'd at least get a cocktail for free from it, but nope. Oh well!

Everyone on the staff seemed like it was their very first day. We would order things and they were confused at the menu. I ordered a non-alcoholic Heineken because I'm pregnant and was brought a regular Heineken. I didn't realize it until halfway through drinking it. The drinks were over priced and the bar area has zero ambience.

Please, most importantly do not waste your money on the breakfast. Its a continental breakfast and then a hot breakfast that is not made to order... its just greasy fry up sitting under heat lamps... We sat down for our coffee and asked for milk and the waiter took the leftover milk from someone elses table (that had been sitting out!!! PUKE) and put it on our table and left. That turned off off big time. The 2nd morning we had breakfast at 9:30 and it was very busy. Plates were not restocked, no bowls by the yogurt, and most of the pastries were already gone. I will say the croissants were good though.

All in all... I wouldn't come here again. I always thought The Crown Plaza had a good name which is why I booked, but yikes it was a bit of a mess. Customer service was not what it should be for the price of the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2021
Katerina Fragkou, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear "jessicasM2913TP",

May I say how sorry I am, however, to learn that you did not leave our hotel entirely satisfied during your stay. Please rest assured that we are overseeing operations during peak periods in order to ensure that any waiting time is kept at the minimum and we are sorry you had to experience waiting time on this occasion.
Your feedback has been very helpful and please be assured that I will personally follow up your comments with the entire team, thereby ensuring that no other guest experiences similar shortcomings.
Our staff genuinely care and strive to provide all our guests with memorable experiences and we are sorry to note that on this occasion your visit was not as positive as we wished it to be

Katerina Fragkou
Guest Experience Executive

Reviewed 1 June 2021

Date of stay: 30th - 31st May, Price: £280 & I feel robbed: So let me get the good parts out of the way first, the hotel looks nice from outside & mediocre when you walk into the lobby, definitely not the 4-5 stars that they claim, the reception staff were nice & our waitress at dinner was lovely, that’s about it for pleasantries.

I booked a deluxe king room with breakfast & dinner included for myself & my partner, as we were celebrating her birthday, check in took forever, as we were told rooms weren’t ready when we arrived, so whilst waiting, we went to check on our spa booking, as I had a treatment booked in for her, at this point we were told we would have to book the pool area if we wanted to use the facilities, as you can only use them for an hour, this was not specified on the website or at time of booking, but I understood it as we are currently in a pandemic, but I did pay almost £300 for my stay, I should have been discounted for limited use of the facilities at the least, anyway, the rude person at the spa desk went on to tell me my treatment booking was lost & the time slot was given to someone else, even though I showed him my confirmation, he also stated there were no other slots for any of the treatments, for the next few days, after a bit of a back & forth, he realised somebody had just cancelled a facial & my partner could go in right now, but it would be a standard facial, not the one I booked, we just agreed & she went in.

Once we checked in (they took a £50 holding deposit, which I didn’t see on the website, but after checking realised it’s on there, just small) we went up to this so called deluxe king room, that we could barely walk in, the bed was practically wall to wall, the room was tiny, the shower was nice & they left a chocolate & strawberry’s plate out with a happy birthday message for my partner, but that was it, but we just thought, let’s put our bags down, after a long drive & long wait & let’s got to the secret garden everyone was talking about in the reviews & have some lunch.

So we got changed & went down to reception to ask how to get to the garden, the receptionist had no idea what we were talking about & told us to ask at the restaurant, so we went over to the restaurant, for them to tell us the secret garden was unavailable due to a wedding taking place, AGAIN this was not specified on the website OR at the time of booking (booking was made over the phone, you would think this would be something they would tell you), so again we bit our tongues & with great disappointment sat in the bar area & ordered food & some drinks, we both ordered chilli chicken burgers, which weren’t chilli in the slightest & were hard & chewy, we just ate & paid (£48 for 2 burgers with chips & 2 glasses of Prosecco) & went back to our room to get ready to go down to the pool which was booked for 5pm. We put on our bathing suits & put on our gowns & slippers which were provided & headed down to the spa area, we got down there slightly early, but the guy (different staff member, he was nice), said we could go in, he told us to pick up some towels & showed us in, there were over 20 people in the pool, which we found funny, as you had to book prior, as not to overcrowd, I’ve had less people in the pool at other hotels, that don’t have this policy in place, but hey, it was fine, as we really went down to use the jacuzzi, so we went over to walk up the stairs to the jacuzzi, when we saw a sign up saying “not in use”, then a man come from outside to tell us he was trying to fix it & should be working soon, we said ok & went for a swim, we got out the pool at 6:30 & not only had it not been fixed, but looked like he was nowhere near fixing it, there were other people there who had also come down specifically to use it & were just as disappointed as us, again, this was not mentioned to us at check in.

Again, we bit our tongues, went back to our room & got ready for dinner, on the phone I had pre booked dinner for 8 o clock, so when we went to inquire about the secret garden, I checked on our dinner reservation, we were told we didn’t have one & the restaurant was fully booked, I went on to say we had booked over the phone, plus dinner was included in our room, so what would she suggest, after however long, she saw there was a cancellation at 8:45pm & we could be seated then, not the biggest of deals, 45 minutes later, so we agreed. So we went down to dinner & was seated, our waitress explained that they were understaffed & food may take longer than expected to come, so we said ok, when we sat down she asked us if we would like a complimentary glass of wine each & we said sure, we’ll have a rosé, which she kindly brought for us, she then began to tell us that although dinner was included in our room, we only get a maximum spend of £30 each & anything over that would have to be paid for by us, at this point we were drained, so just said ok & she took our order.

For the whole time we were seated, there were these 2 kids running around aimlessly, one with only a vest one, disrupting people trying to eat, our waitress did try to get them under some type of control, but she was working, that’s not her job, we were all just trying to have a quiet relaxing dinner, again, this is “meant” to be a 4 star establishment. Food took an hour & 15 minutes to come & we were starving by then, we ordered 2 glasses of Prosecco to have with our meal & we finally ate, we also got dessert for after.

We asked for the bill & she asked if we would like to pay now or charge it to the room, so we said the room & she brought us the bill which was £140, we said how!?, so asked for a copy & checked it, there was a whole bottle of Prosecco, we never ordered on there & the complimentary glasses of wine, we never asked for, when we asked about the wine, we were told that they were part of the £30 each we had for dinner, we actually couldn’t believe what we were hearing, she said she would remove the bottle, but we would have to talk to the manager when checking out for the glasses, we said ok.

After a disappointing day, we went back to our small deluxe room, opened a bottle of champagne to bring in her birthday & just fell asleep.

In the morning we went down for breakfast, which was pretty standard, nothing special & got ready to leave. Check out was just as manic as check in, as everyone was leaving at the same time, we walked up when it was our time to & he let us know our total & to our surprise, the £140 from dinner was added to the bill, so I said that cannot be right & he said, oh yes of course £60 needs to be deducted, as that was your allowance for dinner & we then had to explain about the added bottle & complimentary glasses of wine, he then had to go & confirm this with the restaurant manager, who verified & he deducted this from the bill, just felt like a fitting end to a fitting day/night & I just wanted to get out & make the rest of her day special.

For half the price, I could’ve booked a much bigger & better deluxe room, at a better hotel, I do feel like I was robbed in broad daylight & wasn’t even offered any sort of compensation, we made the best of it, but this experience ruined my partners birthday.

Room tip: Use a different hotel

Dear "qt22015",

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us after your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross and for your loyalty towards our brand. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas where we need to improve on.

I am disappointed to note that you did not fully enjoy your visit and experienced challenges that marred your stay.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address the points you raised and I hope you will appreciate that we have taken your experience seriously. I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I , please be assured that this is surely not the Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross experience that we want to extend to our guests.

Rest assured that we are overseeing operations during peak periods in order to ensure that any waiting time is kept at the minimum and we are sorry you had to experience waiting time on this occasion

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to inform us of your experience during your recent stay with us.I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back at which time we will spare no effort in providing you with the perfect visit.

Katerina Fragkou
Guest Experience Execitive

Reviewed 19 May 2021

What can I say...other than amazing! From the time you walk in to the time you leave the service was on point. We stayed in the club room 214 which had everything you needed. The food was excellent and our waiter Romeo was lovely and polite. I would dfinitely stay again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

I was a member of the gym here prior to covid and never had a problem. For the last month I have been trying to contact them to reinstate my membership; the spa never ever answer the phone, it reverts back to the main desk. I was told last week someone would call me back and I left my number, no-one called. 4 days later I tried again and when I got bounced to the front desk a guy told me that ‘the spa phone rings a lot and I have to keep calling until I find a gap in the calls’ when I pointed out that this is ridiculous and asked for a call back he said they couldn’t call me back, but couldn’t give any reason for why they’re unable to make a phone call. His suggestion was really that I sit by my phone and call repeatedly for a day in the hope that I get a gap in their busy schedule.

I don’t know what’s happened here but I’m sad it’s not like it was.

Date of stay: May 2021
Zoltan Kovacs, Owner at Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Dear bibikin,

I do apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately we are receiving high volume of calls in regards of spa booking therefore my colleagues at the spa were not available this time.
I have shared your feedback with the Management Team and we will do our best to better our calls and will take measures in the trainings.
I hope you will us a chance and reach out to us to the info@cp-gerrardscross.co.uk so we can help you.
Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Zoltan Kovacs
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

Pleasant and attentive staff. Menu offered a great selection including VE & GF, however was pretty average by any standard.. food needed that something extra. Good atmosphere with live DJ, outdoor heaters etc.. surprised there wasn’t more of a dress code in place considering in a supposed 4/5 hotel.

That being said the prices of drinks did seem a bit extortionate compared to other establishments in GX, Beaconsfield, Amersham etc.. but didn’t mind to much as I understand the hospitality industry has taken a beating and needs to get back losses.

Thick blankets provided when asked for all the party. Not a complaint but the chairs were soooo uncomfortable and I did notice a lot of other tables were asking for other chairs.

Would 100% visit again if they did drinks only reservation perhaps with a minimum spend? As you can only book dine and drink reservations.

Trip type: Travelled with friends