Reviews (1 557)
1 557 results
All reviews thai restaurant english restaurant glass of champagne groupon deal copper bath thai massage continental breakfast afternoon tea champagne on arrival velvet walls leather floor wet room special occasion stuffed animals animal heads main bar amazing hotel
819 - 824 of 1 557 reviews
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Me and my wife celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary here, spending 1 night and paying £370 for a deluxe room and about the same again on food and drink.

I have to start off by saying, yes this place looks special with all the decor and furnishings but really this is a waste of money for what you actually receive in terms of service and quality.

Upon arrival to the hotel my wife and I were barely seen to by staff, they were more interested in their side conversation and did not even tell us why they were taking £150 off our card or where the facilities were or what time breakfast was served…etc We were not offered a glass of Champagne either until the porter stood in saying “are you not going to offer them a glass”.

The room itself was quite impressive to look at but very dark with no real lighting and we had the worst nights sleep with the air-con failing multiple times in the night. The breakfast again was fairly average and again staff did not offer the cooked breakfast option.

I would say the restaurant was much better service and our waiter was very knowledgeable and even provided an anniversary message on my wife deserts which was a nice touch. Again the quality was fairly decent and with the Group on discount definitely made this bit worthwhile. If you are thinking of going here I highly recommend using Group on to experience the English restaurant for Lobster and Steak, however would recommend staying elsewhere nearby for accommodation.

2  Thank davsteb2
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We were a group of 6 middle-aged ladies celebrating a special birthday. We had booked the Thai & Cocktails using Groupon vouchers. Our dining was the 9pm sitting. We only ordered mains but these were not served until 10.30 This made us late for our cocktail session next door. Upon arriving for our cocktails we were told nothing was booked and we were too late anyway as it finished at 10.00pm. We asked to see the manager who was very dismissive, said we hadn't booked and that was that. He just shrugged his shoulder. Was unwilling to offer anything and just said the bar was open. Considering their industry you think customer service would be king. It's not - it seems they are doing you a favour by allowing you to use the Crazy Bear. They ruined our evening AND my special birthday celebration. Thanks a lot. The clue is in the name! You've got to be crazy to go there. Never again and I'll make sure all of my friends in GX know about it. Disgusted of Gerrards Cross. Cant comment on the hotel as we didn't stay. Parking though is a serious problem here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank G-TSalesNor16
Reviewed 12 June 2017

we stayed in townhouse, room 12,. The room was very nice,but it needs to be kept up to date.
The desk in the room was damaged from the top ,it had décor peeling off the cabinets and few places sticky wall paper was off.
The view from room 12 was the main road.
It turned out to very disappointed Nights in Crazy bear.
To make the matter worse, got charged £54 for drinking 2 bottles of wine in the room.
If you drink in the room please make sure you throw the bottles away and not leave them in the dustbin.
I have stayed in top class hotels in the world but this did not live up to the standard I was accepting.

1  Thank jugesh1965
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Me and my partner stayed at The Crazy Bear Hotel for 1 night.

I paid £370 for a deluxe room.

We arrived at the hotel (which had VERY limited parking!) and were offered a glass of bubbly in a very crammed reception. They also asked for £150 to be taken off our card in case of damage to the room etc.....

We were then led up the stairs into our room. The room was red, and had 1 small window, with a copper bath by the end of the bed and a separate bathroom. The room was nothing special, although it did have 'mood lighting'. It was EXTREMELY dark, as there was only 1 small window and NO normal lights!!!

We did ask the lady at reception whether or not we could eat in one of the restaurants and she did promise to find out and get back to us, but we never heard anything. We decided to go to a nearby pub and get very drunk and enjoy their food instead.

Essentially, we paid near enough £400 for a really small, dark room. It was absolutely nothing special. We could've stayed in a different hotel for a third of the price and had the same experience.

I would not recommend staying here.

Date of stay: September 2016
3  Thank louise7991
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We had a great night at the Crazy bear hotel, so different and unusual. lovely décor and food was lovely. We went for the Thai restaurant, but also had a light bite at lunchtime in the bar. All the food was of a high standard.
There was plenty of staff around and we were not left waiting at any point for anything.
This is not the most cost effective night but worth it for the experience.

Room tip: don't go for the smallest rooms