“Birthday treat”

Hawkyns by Atul Kochhar
Ranked #25 of 75 Restaurants in Amersham
Price range: US$24 - US$72
Description: Hawkyns by Atul Kochhar offers guests the opportunity to enjoy delicious British cuisine with an Indian twist and a menu that celebrates both cultures. Diners can expect an array of colourful and delicately flavoured dishes. Madras spiced mackerel with mooli remoulade, fennel and apple; sea bass with bombay aloo and kachumber; charred lamb Shoulder with aromatic broth and autumn vegetable biryani with raita salad are just some of the tantalising creations now on the menu.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We went here with friends as part of my wife’s birthday celebrations. Service was as superb, food delicious and location beautiful. If you want something special try here.

J S, General Manager at Hawkyns by Atul Kochhar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for sharing your complimentary review following your visit to Hawkyns for Birthday treat.

I was very happy to read that you had an enjoyable evening with us and found the food to be delicious. In addition I was pleased to learn that the staff looked after you so well.

I very much look forward to welcoming you both back to Hawkyns in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Like a previous visitor to Hawkyns, my husband and I were totally underwhelmed. We visited for lunch today, we had a travel zoo voucher, we waited at least 30 minutes for our cold starters to arrive, my ham terrine was very tasty and a good sized portion, however the same cannot be said for my husbands starter, beetroot cured salmon, looked beautiful, but two thumb sized pieces of salmon, come on! I had the fish and chips, looked like 3 fish fingers, the batter was not crispy, the chips also not crispy. My husbands butternut risotto was ok but, underwhelming. We were so looking forward to tasting Atuls food, sadly will give it a miss in the future.

I am sorry to read that your lunch did not live up to your expectations during your recent visit at Hawkyns. All guest feedback we receive is of utmost importance and I have discussed your experience with our team and please expect our apologies. We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Was very much looking forward to this meal, however, left feeling underwhelmed by the whole experience, I wished that I had read the reviews, however, went on the good recommendation of a friend who ate in the bar previously and loved it.
Firstly the positives, fab location and building nice low key unintimidating ambiance that immediately puts you at ease, no pomp and circumstance fine dining here, just a nice contemporary/homely feel and decor.
I'm afraid that's where it ends, don't get me wrong there is nothing intrinsically bad about this place its just not a good as I was expecting it to be. When we arrived we waited to be greeted but there was no one about, someone was sitting in the hotel reception and could definitely see us there but choose to carry on with what he was doing. The staff are sweet but lack the proffessional polish and attentiveness that you would expect when paying these prices especially front of house. its all very laid back...... a bit too laid back.
The food was okay but to echo the other reviews I have read, the portions were mean, my risotto lacked flavor and creaminess, my husbands' rabbit was dry, the best course was pudding, if I hadn't had a pudding I would have left hungry and that was after a starter and main already!!
So all in all, not a terrible experience just not impressive, went to the grove in Watford the weekend before for Sunday lunch and ate at the Stables, service brilliant, nice location, food amazing and enough of it! I think that the crown is riding on charging very high prices because they can due to the wealthy locals, it doesn't represent value for money.

1  Thank larobinson72

I am sorry to read that your Dinner did not live up to your expectations during your recent visit at Hawkyns. All guest feedback we receive is of utmost importance and I have discussed your experience with our team and please expect our apologies. We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Just had the most amazing Sunday lunch at Hawkyns. The food was outstanding. Many of my group had the roast pork which they all said was extremely tender with excellent cracking, and vegetables that were roasted to perfection. I had the fish and chips - this was a fab fusion fish with just the right amount of spice. The ginger infused peas were great - really added a bit fresh zing! The service was outstanding and the atmosphere/ ambience was also great - felt very relaxed. Would thoroughly recommend.

Thank you for your review. I was most pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at Hawkyns. Enjoying the excellent food, the impeccable service by the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hawkyns very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Just had a lovely anniversary dinner here. Loved it! The service was great and the food excellent! Could not fault it. Was made to feel welcome and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Had a lovely night wih perfectly attentive service - made us feel very special with a nice treat from the chef, in addition to wish us a happy anniversary, whichbwe appreciated!
Thank you all!
See you again soon.

1  Thank rmansell2016

Thank you for your review of Hawkyns Restaurant following your recent visit for Anniversary celebration. I was most pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at the hotel enjoying the excellent food, the impeccable service by the team and the ambiance of our restaurant.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hawkyns very soon.