“Days gliding as a present for £200 ”

London Gliding Club-Day Classes
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Excellent all round. The club is very well equipped - a considerable number of gliders, well maintained. You get 3 aerotows and 1 tow launch. This adds up to a pretty full day.

The instructors are very experienced, polite and professional.

Recommended.

Date of experience: October 2016

Reviewed 29 April 2016

I recently visited with my sister to watch my brother in laws first gliding lesson. The views are beautiful and staff are very friendly!

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Definitely worth every penny. Something to enjoy whilst on holiday, or on weekends. Well worth it, experience exhilarating. Will be returning, hopefully one day going solo. That's the goal.

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank KvHeerden
Reviewed 12 November 2015

My friend and I purchased a full day flying experience at The London Gliding Club, our first choice date had to be cancelled and re-booked for bad weather and after a few weeks 12th Nov we were able to fly 3 times with a break for lunch which was excellent and basically included in the price with a voucher. The total for three flights including three aircraft-tows was £200 pp represented for me excellent value for an excellent experience, our instructor Dave was particularly good at explaining things, I would highly recommend the experience and you will get involved in all aspects of gliding from launch to landing so won't be idle

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank DONJON13
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

I booked a gliding experience for my Dads 90th birthday. It was an aero tow (£100) and making the reservation was very simple. On arriving we were made very welcome and spent about 30 minutes in the cafe / lounge before being taken to the glider. As my Dad can't walk very far they arrange a lift in their golf buggy. Daniel the pilot ran through the preliminaries and in no time at all he was ready for take off.
He absolutely loved it, they toed the glider to 2000 feet and Dad got to take the controls while they slowly descended back to the field, about 25 minutes of gliding not including the tow.
In addition, with the package I booked we got 3 months free membership which allows you to book further flight via tow or winch at club rates which are very reasonable rates, £35 for the tow and £9 for the winch.
All in all I think the whole deal as excellent value and a fantastic experience for friends or family.

Date of experience: October 2015