“A Perfect Day on the Beach”

Nacional Beach Club and Bungalows Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 83 Restaurants in Mahahual
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Costa Maya's first eco-friendly boutique style hotel and beach club.
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We visited Evan and his charming staff for the VIP beach break during our March Break Western Caribbean cruise.

I made the arrangements via email at the suggestion of another beach club that was full for the date we needed and Evan the proprietor responded quickly to my inquiries.

We are a very well traveled family and found the service, food and drinks to be exemplary!

After exiting the port we found a taxi for the 10 minute ride to the property. Before my husband could pull out his wallet to pay for the cab ride a helpful staff member was approaching to look after the fare (it's included with the VIP package).

We then went inside to meet Evan, an expat from Texas who is a consummate host! He explained that he only takes a limited number of clients for this experience in order to provide the best personalized experience for his guests.

The property is beautiful and clean. After a brief tour (including our reserved chairs and umbrellas steps from the beach and the fresh water showers) we were shown to the small restaurant and ordered a delicious breakfast including personalized fresh made smoothies. My teenage son ordered the Nutella and banana crepes (twice!), my daughter and I had the veggie crepes and my husband had a custom made omelette. Everything was delicious with obviously fresh ingredients.

After breakfast we settled into our beach chairs to enjoy the day. The beach is small but well tended. There is a comfie hammock suspended above the water just a few steps into the ocean. There is also a convenient sand bar that allows you to walk a fair distance into the water without getting in too deep.

Because there was only one other family there that day the personalized service we received was outstanding! The staff continuously took our drink and food orders and brought them to our chairs, always with a smile.

The drinks were fabulous (all-included). Top shelf liquors and fresh fruit ingredients. No yucky pre-made syrups here! My teenage daughter had the most delicious virgin strawberry daiquiri and my husband tried several fresh fruit concoctions of the bartender's creation. My son (having just turned 18) tried many delicious creations as well. The bartender was even attentive enough to create a drink especially for my son that my son had looked up on his phone! Did I mention the wifi was also very quick? I was hooked on the bloody Mary's that the started serving me just after breakfast. And to accompany the drinks the most delicious, fresh guacamole we have ever had.

Lunch was even better than breakfast. My husband pronounced the lobster one of the best he has ever had. My daughter had the steak and they even made her a special house version of steak sauce on the side when she asked for A-1.

Mid afternoon we were all treated to beachside massages in the shade by yet more smiling staff (also included). With the ocean sounds in the background it was heavenly.

Although we were sad to leave, our cab was waiting for us exactly when we had requested (pre-paid) to get us back to our ship.

Overall it was a perfect beach day. We have lots of pictures (and memories) and we hope to return again. Thanks Evan and staff for the outstanding service, food and drinks!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Travelled with friends and stayed at the Nacional for 3 nights. Loved it and will go again. Staff were great, loved the location.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

They have wonderful breakfast but alittle on the pricey side. Their bacon is to die for and they have great french toast, you also get a small serving of mixed fruit with whatever you order. Their orange juice is fresh ed squeezed

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here while on a cruise for the All Inclusive VIP Beach Break. This was well worth the money. Breakfast was included and amazing. We had lobster for lunch and it was better than five star restaurants I’ve gone to. The service was great. We even meet the owner, Evan, who is very passionate about his resort. This is a private beach, with a few vendors wandering by. However, the vendors were not pressuring and would walk past you. Our only complaint was the beach chairs, not the most comfortable. The wifi was also slow. However, when on vacation, there is no need to check your email :) We will definitely be back here again, hoping staying for a week or two at Nacional Beach Club and Bungalows.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

The water was beautiful, but understandably cold...as we were there in February 2018. They only allow a few guests at a time, so they don't get overcrowded. Evan and his staff were very friendly and helpful. Their price is more than other similar resorts in Costa Maya, but it is inclusive & did include an excellent 20 minute massage, drinks, beer, appetizers, entrees, etc. The city cab took us there and picked us up to take us back to the ship. They do have chairs, umbrellas, a couple of nice lounge beds with canopies on the beach, and two hammocks out in the water. They do not have kayaks to rent, and it is not a good snorkeling location. The water is very shallow for several feet then when it gets deeper, the coral reefs are just under the surface causing a dangerous situation for swimmers. I would suggest not leaving personal items on the beach unattended as there are several vendors walking the beach trying to sell their wares. They were all nice to us and didn't bother us if we said, "No thank you." We thoroughly enjoyed our day!

1  Thank MarbleFallsTXLady